Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

I think iv found a war time gunnery range

Article about: If they look like this then they are the HE fuses, don't use anything to abrasive when cleaning as the markings will disappear John

Default Re: I think iv found a war time gunnery range

Yeah.....nade fragments. Take your electric drill to them

The pic isnt as clear,but the profile of the raised segments are very defined

Tax returns........done!.Think i need a short walk now. Ah thats better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

After quite a long break from doing this kind of thing,i had a bit of an urge to see what else might be out there.All the usual finds and a very nice 1936 King George V penny made it for me.I will try and return with some cleaned up pics along with any other details.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think iv found a war time gunnery range   I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

Managed to get some time to clean a few bits.Some nice stamps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think iv found a war time gunnery range   I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

I think iv found a war time gunnery range   I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

I think iv found a war time gunnery range   I think iv found a war time gunnery range  

Another few items in need of I.D. ing the first appears to be a casting made of zinc.Second item looks very much like a shelve bracket,just the rubber button shape making it interesting and lastly a sturdy piece of steel that looks like it could be related to the period. Any suggestions welcome as iv not a clue.May thanks

Top piece is the striker mechanism from an American hand grenade.

Ace! thanks hangarman

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6