Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

War metall for recycling

Article about: Yeah looks like my feeling was not a bad :

?

We,v been in country side, near the Battlefield of Narva. There is many local digers who collect color and black metall in the forest just for recycling. Parts of tanks, planes, messtens and cantens. Sometimes we can buy this staf just like this time, we bought a basic part of alluminium messtens and cantens, caps and spoons and sigaret cases.
    We will clean those things. About 90 percents of them with inscriptions, part of them with nise battle damages.
    Lately i will put pics wth most interesting cleaned items.
    That big shell tube it’s a bunker selfmade lamp. It,s used with petroleum. Really unic thing, because i never seen such a big size. Usually used 45 mm or 76 mm calibre. This one is 155 mm.

First part of Cleaned things.

1 - snuffboxes for tobaco (MAHORKA) made from brass shell cup (you can see one of these, near the boxes)
    2 - soldiers cup made from brass shell case
    3 - self made top of banner (may be the top from the soldier burial) but i think it's a top of banner because it's look like.
    4 - the plates for sholderboards nade from german maschine gun box, one of those (narrow) is for medical service.
    5 - box for matches and a cup made from flame pistol shell
    6 - trench frying pan made from the flask
    7 - mess kit cup with a russin last name "Kashev"
    8 - mess kit cup with a german last name "Sreinberger" or something like that
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War metall for recycling   War metall for recycling  

War metall for recycling   War metall for recycling  

War metall for recycling  
    Last edited by gurov; 05-20-2008 at 10:21 AM.

?

Default Re: War metall for recycling

The 2 of the helmets was SS, one has the remains of a decals. Another one has a grass green -repaint and no decal. But Interesting that the helmets from that area- Mummassaare used by this SS unit, were all repainted with grass-green color ( depot?)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

kompanie
    ?

What a shame some of these finds get chucked into the melting pot,such is life

?

Some of the peoples like that is only works in the forest to take the metal- no other job- just a work like a metalscrapper. Unfortunately every year a tons of metal and nice items and history is being destroyed
    Regards,
    Dimas

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

What a shame ! My sympathy goes to the parts of tanks and planes as well ! Many collectors are interested in parts of that ! I am HIGHLY intrested in parts of vehicles from the battlefields , the military of course , but ESPECIALY parts of CIVILIAN trucks and smaller vehicles used by the military for transport . My MAIN interrest are the ENGINES ! ! ! Dear Gurov , Here's my question : can you save some vehicle engines for going to the meltingpot ? Or do you KNOW some engines laying on a scrapyard RIGHT NOW ? Greetings from Bob .
    Last edited by Kraftfahrer Bob; 05-19-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: An omission

kompanie
    ?

If they employed me in the forest to pick up these items i would quiet often find nothing honest guv

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

Hello Kompanie . Maybe YOU can "shop" on scrapyards in YOUR country ? By the engines i want are ALSO English Commer Q4 3Tons G.S. truckengines ! The germans have captured some 25.000 English vehicles in Belgium in 1940 on the beaches of Dunkirk ! The Wehrmacht used most of those vehicles in Russia and lost them nearly all there ! I have a rolling chassisframe of a 7Tons Commer QX and looking for an wartime 6cilinder petrol engine . Can you find anything there ? Gretings Bob.

?

Quote by Kraftfahrer Bob View Post
    What a shame ! My sympathy goes to the parts of tanks and planes as well ! Many collectors are interested in parts of that ! I am HIGHLY intrested in parts of vehicles from the battlefields , the military of course , but ESPECIALY parts of CIVILIAN trucks and smaller vehicles used by the military for transport . My MAIN interrest are the ENGINES ! ! ! Dear Gurov , Here's my question : can you save some vehicle engines for going to the meltingpot ? Or do you KNOW some engines laying on a scrapyard RIGHT NOW ? Greetings from Bob .
    Unfortunately all engines which was available- they are recicled after the war, and in the mid of 90's. There only available to get them in an old farms. The tank parts are still on the forest- but nearest future- is unfortunately reciclyng.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I heard that just a couple of years ago, the plane engines and remains of the tanks was destroyed to the parts ( to carry them from the forest) and got a new life
    Regards,
    Dimas

Kraftfahrer Bob
    ?

I'm very sorry to read that Dimas . BUT , many people have diving equipment those days . In future surely some vehiclewrecks will be dived up from swamps , lakes . rivers and channals i think . So keep your eyes open and save some vehicle and airplane wrecks in the future iff possible ! Bob.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast