Article about: Yeah looks like my feeling was not a bad :

?

Default Re: War metall for recycling

Yeah looks like my feeling was not a bad :
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Greetings from New Zealand Gurov , good to here from you , i new when i read your post that the name rang a bell , hope all is well for you in beautiful Estonia .Robocop certanly had a grate find there , he always does , hes one of those guys that just has great luck , plus he moves a ton of earth , tell him i said hello when you see him , I think ill have to talk to Dimas about these feelings he gets , i would like to dig a nice SS helmet when i get back there next summer , cheers my friend Raymond

?

I will see him (Robocop) tomorrow, tomorrow we'll go to the Narva.

Here,s the last pics of that battlefield relics.

This alluminium plate is from the tank crew burial. Of course we didn't dig the grave, we just buy this thing from one guy and save this thing from recycling. Otherwise he found it near the mines (limestone) area so i think that the grave alredy destroyed by the miners. It,s typical burial that sometime possible to find (strictly after the war of course) in the forest or in the battlefield. The plate is alluminium (part from the plane may be or from the machine gun dox), I think it was on the wooden stick on the burial.
    The inscription - Here buried tank crew (2 persons) leutenant Fjodorov Aleksandr Nikolaevich was born in 1922 and sergant Safronov Aleksei Spiridonovich, was born in 1917. Dead in the battle in 1.03.44 for the Soviet Russia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War metall for recycling   War metall for recycling  

War metall for recycling   War metall for recycling  

Great finds Gurov , real interesting piece the plate with inscriptions on it , good to see it saved from the scrap man .Good luck at Navar , wish i was going , cheers Raymond

?

Thanks.
    Here's some more pics.

Very interesting mess kit, finish, with the finish name "Veiko Karkalainen". It was a soldier from "Nordland division" or soviet soldier wth the trophey from finish front.

On the last two pics, there's a cups from mess-tins, which usually found on the positions of estonian volunteers. One type i know it's an italian, which was used on the Estonian Army before the summer 1940, you can read the last name of estonian soldier on the close up picture. "P.Laavik".
    I have two questions: why the italian mess-tins hase two sizes and a sekond question is what the type of another mess-tin, (on the last two pics.)i mean the country of production. I think it's hungary, but may be not, who knows.??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War metall for recycling   War metall for recycling  

War metall for recycling  

?

The messkit with finnish name is finnish messkit itself
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hey Gurov , thought i recognised Robocops place !!

One of those Helmets in your first picture is sitting next to me now , got it when me met him when i was there in May !

Like Raymond says he can really move some earth he's non stop i can see how he gets his nickname,

regards

Paul

Hi Gurov, more nice relics , the mess tin found on Estonian positions is great piece for your collection and to have the name as well awesome piece . Hi Paul , old robocop is a machine alright , i to reconized his place strate away , when i was there on my first trip he was digging in the same place we were going to , but he was there the day before i arrived , he found this ss helmet , and offered it to me for very reasonable price , i grabbed it , he gave me a russian lid he dug up as well as a gift , i was stoked , very hospitable the Estonian russian people , im hanging to get back there , cheers Raymond

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The messkit with finnish name is finnish messkit itself
    I know that it's finish i,m asking about another one with no handle, on the last pics.

Hi Paul, yeah, right this place it's a garden of Robocop and one of those helmets actually your now, i forget about this. Last find of him (week ago, that i heard) was the polizai buckle but it was steal (rusty).

Raymond, I think that in one day Robocop should to start write an inscription on his helmets, "founded by Robocop" just for fun
    Robocop becoming a famous

Yeh mate hes becomeing well known , he certanily must have dug some awesome stuff in his time , Cheers Raymond

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast