Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

11 - 12/10/08 Holland

Article about: Hello all! Total finds of this weekend. ---- How they are dirty... ..And how they are clean. Nice suprise after cleaning..

reich-looter
    ?

Default Re: 11 - 12/10/08 Holland

Great ! I love looking at these finds!

why is it necessary to blank out your face on these photographs. Have you something to hide? I'm new to all this, but I feel it a little disconcerting. Did you have vpermission for the dig or not? It just doesn"t sit right with me. it's like a wanted poster to me, sorry if this sounds harsh, but perhaps other senior members can put me straight. i"m sure the temptation to dig without permission is strong. But I don"t understand the necessity if all is above board. I would appreciate members comments, as perhaps i"m a bit naive on the subject. I mean no ill will by this, but would appreciate clarification. Thanks, Ned

why is it necessary to blank out your face on these photographs. Have you something to hide? I'm new to all this, but I feel it a little disconcerting. Did you have vpermission for the dig or not? It just doesn"t sit right with me. it's like a wanted poster to me, sorry if this sounds harsh, but perhaps other senior members can put me straight. i"m sure the temptation to dig without permission is strong. But I don"t understand the necessity if all is above board. I would appreciate members comments, as perhaps i"m a bit naive on the subject. I mean no ill will by this, but would appreciate clarification. Thanks, Ned

I myself only search where I know it is 'legal' to do so. However, I know many people that are prepared to risk arrest/fines/gaol by searching other areas purely because of the chance of finding that something 'special'.

However, i do not believe this site, by allowing the posting of material found 'illegally' is condoning it, supporting it nor encouraging it. This site is merely a discussion area for collectors.......which we all are. How we collect won't be affected by this or any other site. The individual makes the choice.

Lets face it, the blacked out portion of the photo is irrelevant. If the auhorities wanted to track someone down through this site they don't need a photograph ! Your IP and e-mail gives them more than enough info to pin point you !

This post doesn't concern me. Posts showing human remains found by relic hunters being poorly treated DOES.

Hope this helps

relichunter

And what I think is so funny, in another thread about Normany, I think the same person is standing with his friends, not blacked out...lol

?

Photo 3 and 4 look like a antenna connector. Back in the 1970s those who remember CB radios, this was on the end of the antenna wire that screwed into the back of the radio. I didn't think they were that old but must be.

neil

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's simple, digging in Holland is illegal. If you go to a Dutch metaldetection forum you will see allot of these blanked out photo's. And its treu that the police can find you by your IP and e-mail. So its something Dutch, nothing to be afraid of.

Quote by ssg keay View Post
    And what I think is so funny, in another thread about Normany, I think the same person is standing with his friends, not blacked out...lol
    It's a really old pic. haha

But you allways can say that the pictures was taken by me in the forest of the Wolchow front

Ya still didn't answer my question...Schinnen? I say only one thing about myself, Brunssum

Nietzsche
    ?

It's new for me to hear we're not allowed to dig in good old Holland...

Anyway, I'm also curious to how you actually found that location and found that stuff. I'd imagine if I ever tried something like that, I'd probably be looking for years and still find nothing...

Nietzsche

Do what I do. Pick up snippets of information from books to build a profile of an area and likely areas to search. For example, before I went to Belgium I read of a single platoon being positioned on the tree line above 'village 1' , looking down the hill and over looking the road the German column advanced up. I looked on Google earth, pinpointed where i needed to get to, and hey presto ............ FINDS !!!!

It's all about research. Pick where you want to search, what interests you. Then get every book you can on the subject and trawl through them. Pay particular interest to the books that contain 'quotes from soldiers' as these can divulge alot. For example, in one book I read, there was one sentence in 400pages ...... 'It took us two days to clear the Germans from the woods between 'village x' and 'village y' ' ............. What a place this turned out to be. Stuff EVERYWHERE !

Other than that it's blind luck. For example, a 'friend' of mine told me he was walking along the dunes at 'such and such' and picked up two or three rifle cartridges just lying on the surface. 2 weeks later i was there and ended up digging up 150 .303 cases and shed loads of other stuff.

Do your research and do it well my friend. This is by far the best path to success.

Relichunter

PS name places changed to protect the innocent and stop people nicking the finds i haven't yet found !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2