Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden

Article about: I will post here my latest pics after searching up there for archeologic research. First of all I would like to show you all the excavation of a big garbage pit left by the Kriegsmarine. Thi

Default Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden

I will post here my latest pics after searching up there for archeologic research.

First of all I would like to show you all the excavation of a big garbage pit left by the Kriegsmarine. This pit is located in the middle of a forrest named "het verboden bos" (The forbidden forrest). The name very easy to explain, the area is dangerous to proceed, due the many dangerous explosives laying on the surface and underneath.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden   Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden  

Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden   Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden  

Default Re: Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden

More pics of garbage pit excavation..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden   Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden  

Part of the findings.

Atlantikwall - Festung IJmuiden  

?

I like the garbages! There can be found very interesting items, once in the german garbadge in Wolchow front was found the star of the Hero of Soviet union
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I like the garbages! There can be found very interesting items, once in the german garbadge in Wolchow front was found the star of the Hero of Soviet union
    To bad there wasn't any star located in this garbage.

The garbages are really fun to explore, you never know what you can expect.

Some detail pics of the garbage finds.

?

Usually I found in the garbages battledamged items like buckles, helmets some of the trench art etc. Very intersting places to find a good stuff!
    To sweet to find!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The place is only bombed by the allies during the war, so there aren't really many battledamaged relics arount there. But its a wahalla for the garbage searchers like us. XD
    Last edited by Americanheadcharge; 05-30-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast