Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relics from the Austrian mountains

Article about: Hi Guys, I have just returned from a trip to Austria where my wife Lez and I went to stay with a forum friend. We had a great time! While we were there, I met up with an Austrian friend (soo

Default Relics from the Austrian mountains

Hi Guys, I have just returned from a trip to Austria where my wife Lez and I went to stay with a forum friend. We had a great time!

While we were there, I met up with an Austrian friend (soon to join the forum) who very kindly gave me these two M40 helmets, one German and one Soviet,which he found in the woods. Both display severe battle damage. As you can see a complete section of the Soviet helmet is blown away, so I have shown it with and without this peice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from the Austrian mountains   Relics from the Austrian mountains  

Relics from the Austrian mountains   Relics from the Austrian mountains  

?

Default Re: Relics from the Austrian mountains

Nice relics , i wouldn't have wanted to have been wearing either of them with that damage !!

cheers Paul

Here are a few items which I found personally. Nothing spectacular, but for me, it was a great experience to find Red Army items.

The foresight cover to a Mosin Nagant rifle. I found this next to a tree. I expect the soldier caught it against the tree, knocking it off?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from the Austrian mountains  

Shrapnel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from the Austrian mountains  

Part of a toothpaste tube? There is lettering on this which is no longer readable. Plus part of a ration tin.

Spent cartridge cases.

Soviet 7.62mm x 25 for the PPSh and PPS sub machine guns.

Soviet 7.62mm x 54 for the Mosin Nagant rifle

German 7.92mm rifle

All we found were spent cases.

Barbed wire and part of a "Horse shoe" which I am told is actually for an Oxen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relics from the Austrian mountains   Relics from the Austrian mountains  

My final item. This time I do not know what it is from? Any ideas?

Cheers, Ade.

Great relics Adrian. Can you make a frontpic (other side) of the last relic you are showing us?

Hi, here are some futher pics.

Size is 30mm long by 15mm in diameter.

The small hole (as seen in the earlier pic) runs almost the full length of the inside.

Cheers, Ade.

Relics from the Austrian mountains  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast