Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

2010 My favourite and best finds

Article about: Fighterace, Those are superb and unique relics with great history attached, I enjoyed watching the water recovery on Dig 1940 top marks for the ingenious plan to float the digger down on the

Default Re: 2010 My favourite and best finds

Fighterace,
    Those are superb and unique relics with great history attached, I enjoyed watching the water recovery on Dig 1940 top marks for the ingenious plan to float the digger down on the barge. Thanks for posting these and I'll be going to view the prop at Hendon.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Fighterace control collum was an amazing find so much history to go with it.

Ian, WOW! that gun looks like it was made yesturday

Thanks for the posts, yes the Dig 1940 was a great mini series with some amazing finds found infront of the cameras,Here is the washed off propellor unit from the spitfire, very rare find complete especially in this condition. Will make a fine display piece

Another of my 2010 find's was the Kg12 control column recovered from the stuka which is quite nice, but if we are talking metal detecting finds with propper history this Charles 1st English civil war coin hoard is pritty good dating from around 1645.

Happy Hunting 2011
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2010 My favourite and best finds   2010 My favourite and best finds  

2010 My favourite and best finds   2010 My favourite and best finds  

You sure have had a good year. Propeller is looking good on display. Well done with the hoard! is the biggest one a halfcrown- crown? I have yet to find a Charles hammerd yet but i do have 3 Charles the 2nd Farthings which i found 3 years ago one in fantastic condition.

Good luck with you searches this year

John

John, Just a few of them as we found 29 in total so far. The biggest is a crown and pritty heavy too which was almost 2ft down which i picked up with my lorenz detector. No doupt there is likely to be more buried but very deep.

Will have to polish up my spade ready for when the field gets ploughed again, why is it all the best sites are full of junk nails every where.

The blade is not on display yet, its in my garage

I bet theres still a few left Let me know if you find any more

John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3