Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another Unique find (probably)

Article about: John i may take you up on that if you dont mind, next big show down your end maybe, hope to see you in Leeds and have a chat regards Ronnie

Default Re: Another Unique find (probably)

John i may take you up on that if you dont mind, next big show down your end maybe, hope to see you in Leeds and have a chat regards Ronnie

Hi JMB,
    Congrats on the restoration of the enfield, i dont blame you for not parting with it. I have fired some old enfields with the forces and enjoyed them
    alot. but my own ones are all dead. best way i think as things are.
    just one question, what is a live No 1 Mk3 worth these days? a pretty penny i bet. and hudson, great relics i done think there is nothing better than finding a relic yourself, i have found a few in the past and treasure
    them.
    dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    just one question, what is a live No 1 Mk3 worth these days?
    Dave
    That is a good question. I have no idea. I know de-acts are going up in price, despite the government scare (which i believe they could never implement)

So i guess ticket one's have gone up too.

Years ago, you could buy one for pennies. They were always advertised in the Exchange & Mart. But they had all been bored out to .410

Some things though, are never for sale..........Priceless!
    John

reich-looter
    ?

Neat finds guys! Happy hunting! Thanks for posting

?

very Interesting , thanks for showing

Nice finds!

fantastic story mate, lovely to see the engineering in the old rifles. i have a mk4 that i have had in the family since ww2 - it saw combat service too - and is a turly excellent rifle.

i do have a bit of trouble sourcing period parts for it now,it;s getting on and i haven't had the time to maintain it lately so i may have to be cautious with its usage.

If i were to frequent firearms shows (every 2nd month here) do you think i could get parts for spares?

PM sent

?

That`s a fantastic looking rifle again John , full respect to you for the work and T.L.C. you have put in on this , obviously something very close to your heart ! It must have been a poignant moment when you fired the first round !

P.S. the before and after pic`s are great

cheers Al

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    It must have been a poignant moment when you fired the first round !
    Thanks for the comments Al, it was a very eerie feeling when I first fired it at Bisley.( I wonder what Richard K would think??) I just lay there for about 20 secs in the prone position staring at the target, and trying to take it in. Remember this is guaranteed to have been shot in WW1, no question.

And hitting a "V" ball with standard 174gn 1922 dated Mk7 cordite round at 600 yards, was an even bigger thrill. Yes I know I'm a spotter But............. it took 7 shots to sight it in, and i shot without windage adjustments just a standard iron sight. And as the shooters about will tell you, its more fun to shoot that way. I do not shoot it much anymore, in fact she hasn't been out for 2 years, just a rub down now and again

I have changed the sights to a better set now, and bedded it in. It kicks like a cow. but the history behind it is thrill enough

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast