Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

.303 Spitfire/Hurricane Relic Browning Machinegun.

Article about: by shadowwolf Tim, I'll pm you tomorrow with details, but there is a couple of 105mm's, one's a Centurion round, other's off an Abbott (?). There's a 25 pounder shell. etc, etc. Regards, Sim

Default .303 Spitfire/Hurricane Relic Browning Machinegun.

Just secured a really nice relic! Its a relic .303 Browning that was either from a Spitfire or Hurricane crash site somewhere in South of England. Its reputed to be Battle of Britain but digger my mate got it from would not divulge any location or other details to protect "his site". The weapon has been made safe and from what ive seen in the pics looks very nice. Because it has no history the asking price is £185 which i reckon is very bloody good. Will post pictures when i get it. Regards, Tim.

Default Re: .303 Spitfire/Hurricane Relic Browning Machinegun.

Wow Tim, nothing comes better than a relic with that history, one of the best!!, Well done that man. I look forward to seeing it.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Tim, £185 does sound good. Get some photos up when you have it.
    And if you are in the market for stuff at the moment, I may have some shells up for sale to a fellow collector
    Regards to all, Simon.

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    Tim, £185 does sound good. Get some photos up when you have it.
    And if you are in the market for stuff at the moment, I may have some shells up for sale to a fellow collector
    Regards to all, Simon.
    Hi Simon, That sounds bloody good to me mate, have to let me know what you got. The guys lettin me have the Browning on weekly payment plan, hes a mate so letting me have it in advance which is really good. Last one i saw was priced around £250-£300 if i remember right. Regards, Tim.

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Wow Tim, nothing comes better than a relic with that history, one of the best!!, Well done that man. I look forward to seeing it.
    Cheers
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Cheers mate, will post up some pictures when i get it. Looks very nice and price very good too! Regards, Tim.

Nice !!!

Always a dream of mine to find a machine gun on an airbase.....

I too am able to supply a fellow collector with spent 303 cartridges and bullets. And I am BOUND to be cheaper than shadowwolf (Essex women are more expensive than Midlans women)

Get some pics up ASAP !

Steve T

Tim, I'll pm you tomorrow with details, but there is a couple of 105mm's, one's a Centurion round, other's off an Abbott (?). There's a 25 pounder shell. etc, etc.
    Regards, Simon.

Steve, just read your post... 303's, nah Big Shells

you a very luck man, last one i saw went for £600!
    looking forward to seeing the pictures
    regards Mad.ideas

Sounds really good, I cant wait to see it and well done getting it for such a good price

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Sounds really good, I cant wait to see it and well done getting it for such a good price

Thanks

Danny
    Was very lucky there mate as i was given first refusal on it and its a decent relic item that would clean up even better. I should get it sometime next week all being well and will get some pix up then. Regards Tim.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast