Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Battledamaged beautiful finds

Article about: They obviously never knew what hit 'em. But it is sobering to realize that indiviuals died wearing those lids... heads turned to strawberry jam.

?

Default Re: Battledamaged beautiful finds

Happy New Year! Today it's raining but if tomorrow the weather is ok I want to start the New year with a glorious dig in the woods

good hunting

HVK
    ?

Well I have a item here that is not real battle damaged.... It is damaged "after the battle" ! It is the bolt assembly from a STG-44 which is not that uncommon a find... But !

It is found between Berlin and the Oder / Polish border where some of the last battles were fougth to try to stop the Russians. In a forest we did not find much, but I did find the upper part of the bolt. There was nothing else from the gun or the other part of the bolt.

At the other end of the forest we found the lower bart of the bolt. If this part has been connected to the upper part - or come from a different gun I do not know. But what is really interesing is that the pin holding the firing pin is half way out - which will let the firing pin drop free and fall out. The pin is clearly a roll pin of hardened steel.

Ii imagine that the guns prior to give up to the Russians has been dismantled and thrown away - why else dismantle the gun in such a manner and throw the pieces away? Not battledamaged - sorry. But none the less interesting I think...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Fraser asked me if I had any more battle damaged items. This is a picture of some more of my cloth items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds  

wow..
    thats a nice collection my friend..
    check email ..re ..ap..
    cheers
    fraser

I didn't think of this as battle damaged, as I do not disply it with my ground dug relics. According to the story this came from a Luftwaffe Pilot who had a very hard landing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Battledamaged beautiful finds  

i think you have more treasure to show alan..

3mk
    ?

Great finds!!
    Any Polish items ??

Fraser, That's it for battle damaged items. I also collect WSS cloth insignia and WSS photographs. I do not know if there is a forum to share these types of items.

Emil, no Polish items per se, but some of my German Items came from Poland. I got a number of items from Blazek and Sizmon of B+S.
    regards, Alan

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast