Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds

Article about: Had a short visit yesterday and a bit of a poke around.

Default Re: 8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds

Wright R-1820 Cyclone 9 Exhaust component. The two holes were not produced by careless digging!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds   8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds  

8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds   8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds  

8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds   8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds  

Now that is cool!

Martin,

I've just been looking back through this thread and this item is decontaminating apparatus M2.
    I dug this up around 2 years ago and took the brass plate off the front of it.
    The plate shown is the actual one off your item.
    I had forgotten about it until this morning and hadn't really paid any attention to what the plate said ( thinking it was just a fire extinguisher )

All the best Andy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds   8th Air Force B-17 Base ~ Interesting Finds  

Goodness me! It's been a long time since I posted anything, but then it's been a long time since I did any digging here. Just a few bits:

Some more:

?

Lovely finds!! Makes me want to dig,,but its raining hard here :/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Quote by inka View Post
    Lovely finds!! Makes me want to dig,,but its raining hard here :/
    Goretex?

A few more bits.

"Dental hygiene for the Fighting Man"

My collection to date from this site.

The ID Tag:

Walter, a single 23 year old airplane mechanic from Illinois, enlisted into the Air Corps in California on 6th November 1942.

Walter was serving as a Staff Sergeant in B-17s over Europe and, on 27th May 1944, was reported to the International Committee of the Red Cross as being held as a POW in Stalag Luft 4.

After the War, Walter returned to his engineering background and went on to become a Territory Sales Manager for the Kaydon Corporation of Michigan, a manufacturer of bearings.

96 year old Walter now lives in Whittier, California. Using the power of the internet, I have traced Walter to his home address and steps are now being taken to make contact with him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast