Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft part ID please

Article about: Hi all Friend of mine found this on a beach, in an area where it is possible it came from a WW2 aircraft. Of course, it could just be a pipe bender or chunk of crap off a boat, but the inspe

Default Aircraft part ID please

Hi all

Friend of mine found this on a beach, in an area where it is possible it came from a WW2 aircraft. Of course, it could just be a pipe bender or chunk of crap off a boat, but the inspection stamps and alloy lead me to believe it is an aircraft part.

What do you think ?

Aircraft part ID please

Aircraft part ID please

Thanks

Steve T

Default Re: Aircraft part ID please

Steve

the only thng that springs to my mind (other than a pipe bender ) is that could be the outer housing for some kind of control lever. Is the space between the 2 plates clear, only being attached at that cross pipe - can't tell from the photo's I'm afraid. If it's alloy and lightweight then chances are it's an aircraft.

In my limited experience, these random, out of context pieces can be very difficult to id. I posted some finds from Utah beach here back in April last year and despite extensive searches and enquiries, never managed to properly ID them other than they pprobably came from a US aircraft of some sort, possible, maybe a P-38
    Found on utah beach: Aircraft parts? Identification needed

rgds
    Matt

Thanks Matt

Indeed they are often very difficult to ID, especially when you have no idea what aircraft they may be from or what era. One thing I have learnt over the years though is to never give up ! I have lost count of how many times I've rushed to my 'Yet to be identified' crate of bits, to pull out a piece that I have suddenly discovered what it is

Never give up !

Steve T

?

To me it looks a bit like the bottom of a control pedal bar, i think some were shaped like this with that heavier portion to the top