Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas what this is?

Article about: I've walked past this thing so many times on patrols but still havent figured out what it is its actually beginning to annoy me a little bit now! I'm guessing its some sort of projectile, bu

Default Any ideas what this is?

I've walked past this thing so many times on patrols but still havent figured out what it is its actually beginning to annoy me a little bit now! I'm guessing its some sort of projectile, but everything about it is unusual, shape, size, construction etc. Its probably worth mentioning incase someone doesnt know that it is a civil and military offence to remove anything from MOD property no matter what it is. EVEN THE FROG!
    Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any ideas what this is?   Any ideas what this is?  

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: Any ideas what this is?

Looks like a cigar to me! The second foto does not merit a comment...

can you give a rough estimate of size on the unknown item,,This is NOT A POSITIVE ID but from your picture it looks very much like the remains of a stand off from the 84 carl gustav,
    we found a lot on a recent clearance task i was on with the fuze section corroded as in your photo,
    ive attatched a picture of mine for you to compare,,the stand off is approx 160mm X 20mm including fuze.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any ideas what this is?   Any ideas what this is?  

Thanks for the pics spotter, I'm positive that thats what its a part of its the same size and other pieces of the 84mm round litter the area.
    Thanks

Danny