Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any "Ladekop?" 0V experts on here, the letters are not all visible?

Article about: Hi all Found this covered in mud and didn't think much of it, gave it a clean and it has writing all over it. Hoping someone can I.D this for me please? Also did a post two ir three items do

Default Any "Ladekop?" 0V experts on here, the letters are not all visible?

Hi all
    Found this covered in mud and didn't think much of it, gave it a clean and it has writing all over it. Hoping someone can I.D this for me please?
    Also did a post two ir three items down on the forum which was identified (Thanks again Chris) but then posted another item on the same post for ID which no one has id'd as yet..
    If you are reading this, when finished please can you also have a look at the 2nd item on my post (metal block with hole in) found metal detecting that I cleaned with electrolysis as would love to know what that is as well if possible.
    The items overal diameter is just under 60mm, the hole in the middle is approx 30mm and its 7mm thick
    Many thanks
    Regards
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any "Ladekop?" 0V  experts on here, the letters are not all visible?   Any "Ladekop?" 0V  experts on here, the letters are not all visible?  

Any "Ladekop?" 0V  experts on here, the letters are not all visible?  

This is part of a loading ring from a German cluster, incendiary bomb.

GMJ is the ordnance letter code for Apparatebau Gesellschaft Neumann und Borm KG.

Wow many thanks for the information , would this have been dropped by a plane or fired by a mortar do you know? German munitions is an area i know very little about so hope thats not a silly question.
    Thanks again very much appreciated.
    Regards
    Mark

Dropped by aircraft.

Hi
    Thanks again you certainly know your stuff, i would like if possible to identify the type of bomb i can see there are different types they had but not sure how you go about matching my loading ring to a certain item. Hoping after that i could identify what possible aircraft could have dropped it. From your experience could you give me some pojnters to get started?
    Thanks again for all your help, very much appreciated.
    Regards
    Mark

Impossible to say what aircraft it was from. Where was it found? If in UK then I would say it is most likely from a bomb container holding incendiaries. That being so then the aircraft that usually dropped it were pathfinders/target marking aircraft, models such as Ju88, Do17, He111. But it is really only guesswork unless you can find more evidence or see if the location was known to locals as being the site of bombing.

Found in a wood in germany when visiting family. Thanks for info i will have a search for the cluster container and fond some pics, thanks again for all your help with this you have been great!
    Best regards
    Mark

Glad to help. Post your future finds or queries here and myself or another member of the forum can help.

I will do for sure i have found several items along with this load ring that i have no idea on i will takes some pics and post them up to see if anyone recognises them. Thanks again for your help!