Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Interested in Dig in UK Please Read!

Article about: Hi everyone, Just wanted to find out if there are any members on the forum who might be interested in joining me on a dig here in the UK. The site in question borders a former OTU RAF airfie

Default Anyone Interested in Dig in UK Please Read!

Hi everyone, Just wanted to find out if there are any members on the forum who might be interested in joining me on a dig here in the UK. The site in question borders a former OTU RAF airfield, but more interestingly it was also the site where the Americans dumped tons of supplies after WW2. On past visits i have unearthed hundreds of brass unstamped US Army dogtags, medical supplies, tunic buttons, empty bullet casings, vehicle parts, aircraft parts etc. Tanks and jeeps were also buried somewhere on the site. I could use some guys with metal detecting equipment to conduct a proper search of the site. I have permission from the landowner to go onto the site whenever i like, all i have to do is let them know and check in with them upon arrival. I know its not quite battlefield archeology but i feel is in similar class due to the military nature of the find there. The ground isnt hard going as pits seem to have been dug and in areas attempts to burn supplies was made and the top soil is very peaty and falls away easily. If anyone is interested please send me a message as i would like to go onto the site again but i dont have any detecting equipment and would really like some guys along who can help out. Regards, Tim.

Default Re: Anyone Interested in Dig in UK Please Read!

Damn. I just sold my bloody metal detector!?!?! I have a few friends with them. I will ask them. Fingers crossed. Which county are we talking about?

Falschirmjager, with reference to your question both myself and a friend are free to join your dig. We both have metal detectors.

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Damn. I just sold my bloody metal detector!?!?! I have a few friends with them. I will ask them. Fingers crossed. Which county are we talking about?
    Were in Evesham Worcestershire mate! Regards, Tim.

Reg
    ?

Good Luck FJ, im sure you will find a ready crowd on here! Ive no metal detecting stuff but can provide a willing bit of manpower if I can do the dates and if its any use to you.

Reg

Good luck with this, sounds like you have a really good site I'm planning on being down south for a while later on this year, so I might just be able to provide a bit of manpower because my metal detector is a piece of junk depending on what dates you have planned and if I'm available etc but I'd be glad to help out if time allows.

Thanks

Danny

Jan
    ?

I would be very interested indeed

Rgds Jan

Hi Tim,
    I would be able to come down there and give you a hand mate. Do you have any dates in mind??
    All the best Andy

?

Hi Tim

I dont have a detector, but am willing to come down and help "dig and sift".

PM me if that's ok.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

i would be willing to give a hand. I dont have a metal detector but I do have a shovel!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast