Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ardennes German Tank Relics For Identification.

Article about: A friend has just recently returned from Stoumont in the Ardennes and while he was there he came across these two pieces of what he believes came from one of three destroyed Panther Tanks. I

Default Re: Ardennes German Tank Relics For Identification.

Ahh i see. I know of a couple of Polish guys who do the same and can be seen regularly at our local carboot selling everything from gun parts to tank tracks and relic helmets-the prices being asked are far beyond what i could afford but apprently its become a very profitable side-line for many Eastern European workers who are over here.

?

I cannot say what punishment i feel is the best one for the cockroaches called Nighthawks here on this public forum. But lets say if i was to decide the fate of all Nighthawks, there would have been alittle more oxygen for a brief moment.

The Bovington Tank Museum has identified both parts as having come from a 15cm Hummel. The 10mm thickness of the armour plate was really a giveaway so the guy who looked at it said and also the rivet holes which the Panther Tank did not have as it had welded sections instead. Satisfactory answer which is good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2