Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australian WWII UXO lists

Article about: One of the members on Australian Metal detecting/ Kimbucktwo.com posted the Australian Defence office web site which lists by rating and numbers of WWII UXO sites in Australia. These are the

Default Australian WWII UXO lists

One of the members on Australian Metal detecting/ Kimbucktwo.com posted the Australian Defence office web site which lists by rating and numbers of WWII UXO sites in Australia.

These are the same people that sorted the Mortar cache earlier this month, that I found.

As a result an interesting debate has erupted over whether it is wise to consider the lists as a viable fossick site source ~

But when I see some of the International posts on this site I ask about being safe methods in exploring sites or avoiding such issues (?)

(Interesting that the FNQ Tablelands rate very high but seems more ordnance has been retrieved from WA ~ )

UXO Reports - Department of Defence

Default Re: Australian WWII UXO lists

Still finding plenty of stuff up there are they?
    Has anyone been hurt in recent years??
    Had a book many years ago giving details on both the AIF and US forces all stationed up there during the war, the Japanese never came so the boys must have kept up with practice by shooting up something, there still must be plenty of ammo and stores dumps buried up there.
    I remember one old boy telling me a story of a young drunk aboriginal lad driving into town in a Jeep 10 years after the war, the local cop took it off him only for him to drive into town a week later with another one.

Default Re: Australian WWII UXO lists

One of my favorite Articles The Salvage in 1992 LOL HEAVY calibre machine guns valued at more than $I million