Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

B-17 component

Article about: I found this item on a former B-17 base recently .... it has a Boeing stamping .... it looks as though it has something to do with control wires .... not sure .... any B-17 component experts

Default B-17 component

I found this item on a former B-17 base recently .... it has a Boeing stamping .... it looks as though it has something to do with control wires .... not sure .... any B-17 component experts out there ... ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B-17 component  

Default Re: B-17 component

Interesting find, Only guessing but it looks similar to a pressure pad for a US land mine. No doubt someone can confirm.
    Thanks for sharing.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

I know what you mean Luckystrike.....but the pressure pad for the land mine was of tubular construction, not 'boxed' like this piece.

Could do with a picture of it next to something common place to get an idea of scale Gremlin

Steve T

I am by no means an "expert"...on anything. However, it looks like it may be an elevator surface trim wheel. ??
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Quote by gremlin View Post
    I found this item on a former B-17 base recently .... it has a Boeing stamping .... it looks as though it has something to do with control wires .... not sure .... any B-17 component experts out there ... ?
    3-11003: Pulley Assembly, Engine Control Stand Lower Pulley Rack.
    4 units per rack.

Parts numbered 11 in this illustration:
    B-17 component

All the best,
    PB

Dear Paul,

Thanks for the identification ... to say I'm impressed with your knowledge is an understatement! I've since found several more of these items from the edge of a pond near a dispersal point ... just waiting for the water to go down to launch a full scale investigation ...

All the best,
    Simon