MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

B17 Part Identification

Article about: Hi This is a handle from unidentified B17 which crashed in Tonbridge,Does anyone have any ideas to its use. Thanks for looking.

?

Default B17 Part Identification

Hi

This is a handle from unidentified B17 which crashed in Tonbridge,Does anyone have any ideas to its use.

Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 Part Identification   B17 Part Identification  

Default Re: B17 Part Identification

Well I've spent quite a lot of time looking at your photo and trying to place the handle but I can't. Can you take a couple of shots of the other end? My first thoughts were of ball turret door handle but its not that! It looks more like a gas bottle kye than a door handle so maybe it's part of the oxygen system.

Andy

?

Hi Andy

Have taken some more pics in clearer light,And have placed my Vernier next to it for scale.

Regards Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 Part Identification   B17 Part Identification  

B17 Part Identification   B17 Part Identification  

B17 Part Identification   B17 Part Identification  

It looks like it might be from the hatch in the radio room but I'm not 100%
    Have a look at this photo from liberty belle. It's not the best shot but its all I've got.
    I'm thinking that your handle looks like the ones in the top of the photo.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 Part Identification  

?

Hi Andy

Thank you,Think you could be right there.

Next time im up Duxford might pop in and see if I can match it up with Sally b or Mary Alice.

Regards Gary

?

I don't think it's one of the radio room hatch handles (parts 3-19290 and 3-19290-1), as they have a locking lug at 90 degrees to the line of the handle.

Quote by Paul B View Post
    I don't think it's one of the radio room hatch handles (parts 3-19290 and 3-19290-1), as they have a locking lug at 90 degrees to the line of the handle.
    Hmmm back on with the thinking cap....