Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne

Article about: I managed recently to revisit the embarkation area at Tolverne.Hopefully these pictures will be of interest to you.

Default Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne

Back to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneBack to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneBack to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneBack to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneBack to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneBack to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneBack to the D-Day embarkation area at TolverneI managed recently to revisit the embarkation area at Tolverne.Hopefully these pictures will be of interest to you.

Default Re: Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne

Great photos Cornishboy thanks for posting. I was shocked to see how narrow the bay was. It's hard to believe that there is deep enough water to float those large ships. Good place to hide an invasion force I guess.

Jay

Default Re: Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne

thought id post a find from an embarkation 'hard'. At first i thought it may have been a crocodile clamp for a set of leads.Then as i cleaned it up it looked more like a lever of some sort,hand brake off a trailer perhaps?? its embossed LAING on one side PAT4123 on the other.Your thoughts please,always welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne   Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne  

Back to the D-Day embarkation area at Tolverne  
    Last edited by cornishboy; 01-06-2012 at 06:06 PM.