Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Back on the Encampment. 3.5hour search

Article about: Hi Guys, Went back to the Encampment today. Spent 3.5hours searching, I found 3 more dumps today but only one of them turned out good. The first had 4 bottles in and some dispatch riders glo

Default Back on the Encampment. 3.5hour search

Hi Guys,

Went back to the Encampment today. Spent 3.5hours searching, I found 3 more dumps today but only one of them turned out good. The first had 4 bottles in and some dispatch riders gloves in i can just about make the date 1942. Second dump had remains of a jerry can and the third had loads and loads of batterys in. In between i found other bits. Last year i found a bit of a bell, today i found the 3 missing pieces also had a george the 2nd Halfpenny . 1940 shilling, 3 pennys, halfpenny. 2inch mortar cap.Will put some more pictures on tomorrow.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search   Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search  

Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search   Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search  

Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search   Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search  

?

Default Re: Back on the Encampment. 3.5hour search

I always wonder how the coins got thrown away.
    SteveR

I've just been in the shed and found the missing peice of the bell. It all fits
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search   Back on the Encampment.  3.5hour search  

Hi john,
    great finds mate, well done i love the bell above the rest of it, if only it could tell a story.
    Dave.

I Can't work out what happend to it because all 4 peices were quite a distance from each other.

Nice finds WH. Love the bell

Steve T