Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Back from Germany!!!

Article about: Thanks for the warm "welcome back" friends I will post some more tomorrow when time permits. Cheers

?

Default Back from Germany!!!

Hello friends

At long last i am back from Germany and Denmark. I drove almost 2400 km back to Moscow. I post in this sub forum because i visited "Volksbund" and picked up a few relics on the Russian/Latvian border. Just on the other side of the border i met a police officer who was also a dedicated digger. I got a intact fuel canister from 1939, a very relic condition M35 and a copper Reichwehr buckle in just a few hours. I will post pics later on.

The friend a stayed at is a Volksbund volunteer. He helps keeping the memorials and graves clean and so forth. He of course knows a lot of interesting memorials. He showed me some interesting places. Among them Generalfeldmaschall Fedor von Bock's grave. It's not everyday you see a Generalfeldmaschall grave. He is buried with his wife and three other people. Their vehicle was attacked by a British fighter plane 3rd May 1945. They all died on the spot except Fedor von Bock who died the day after.

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Fallen BW soldier memorial and von Bock in the background

Back from Germany!!!

My daughter

Back from Germany!!!

Some of the good things Volksbund do. Germans, Russians, Poles, French, unknowns and so forth, buried side by side. (For people who do not understand the importance of battlefield archaeology)

Back from Germany!!!

Eberhard Troschel and memorial plate for his brother Wolfgang Trocshel fallen in Russia 1941

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Some of the names of the buried. 5 unknown Russians buried together. Pics are not the best. Sorry.

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

I always feel good giving these people a second "life" in cyber space. Will post some more pics later on. Nice to be back again on WRF

Regards, Lars

Default Re: Back from Germany!!!

Good stuff.thank you for the pictures.
    chris

?

Thanks Chris. There will be more LOL

Regards, Lars

Thanks for the photos, glad you had a safe and successful trip...2400km is quite an achievement, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

It was a tough drive but i need the vehicle here for the digging, and construction work among other things Here it is if interested.

Me, the wife and daughter and the small town we lived in

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Back from Germany!!!

Regards, Lars

Hello Lars , great pics and some great history , thanks for shareing these with us ,lovely family and town where you live , cheers Raymond

?

Sounds like a nice trip.
    Somehow the poingnant photos of the graves and memorials bring across what happened just as well as a rusted ground dug helmet does. In regards to Fedor von Bock - wrong place at the wrong time. All food for thought.

seems like a great trip.amazing you drive so many km. hope you post more photos

Hey Lars mate, glad you had a nice time in the Reich

Glad your back Lars looking forward to see the photos.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast