Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battle of Chipyong-ni

Article about: Well, my first attempt to upload a picture was a success so I want to test my luck with a separate thread for a serparate Korean battle. These are a few finds from the Battle of Chipyongni i

Default Battle of Chipyong-ni

Well, my first attempt to upload a picture was a success so I want to test my luck with
    a separate thread for a serparate Korean battle.

These are a few finds from the Battle of Chipyongni in Feb. 13-15, 1951.
    It was fought by the 23rd RCT consisting of U.S. and French forces.

Have a look....

Didn't find a lot, but the Zippo lighter is one of two of the best finds. The other
    picture is a memorial for the battle. It's simple but in my opinion, one of the
    best in Korea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle of Chipyong-ni   Battle of Chipyong-ni  

Default Re: Battle of Chipyong-ni

Wow! Thank you for posting. I have always thought Korean war relics are overlooked. Keep em' coming! That Zippo is fantastic, for someone like myself who collects zippos and militaria, a ground- dug military zippo is brilliant. Good work.

Here are a few more items recovered.

The majority are from the Twin Tunnels battle just southeast of Chipyong with
    a few special finds of Garand clips and a couple P-38s. Those P-38s are one of
    my favorite finds.

The other is from the 1 Co. French Bn from the Chipyongni Battle. It was made up
    mostly of French Legionaires from Algeria. That odd hunk of metal I nearly tossed
    away as garbage but something made me hold on to it. Started cleaning it up at
    home and that's when I realized it was hand tooled and formed an image. I
    couldn't believe I found my first trench art. I'm guessing it was made by an
    Algerian from North Africa. I called it, "Camel Resting Under the Shade of a Palm
    Tree". It's my second best find.

Regrettably, a large number of postions have been paved over or converted into an
    obstacle course. Very little remains in that area.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle of Chipyong-ni   Battle of Chipyong-ni  

Battle of Chipyong-ni  

These were neat find did you every start back metal detection hear ???

Loving the lighter!

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    These were neat find did you every start back metal detection hear ???
    Thanks~ but not for quite some time. My fulltime job has kept me busy and away from my true passion which is
    discovering and learning about all the various battlefields. I'm hoping that will change in the fall and share more
    adventures!
    But Korea is developing at such a fast rate that I know some places are being 'erased' like at the 'Twin Tunnels'
    battleground which I dread seeing, but that's progress and to be accepted.