Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle damaged German lids

Article about: Here's some more relics I found in the north of France some years ago. Nice examples of serious damaged lids. They both toke some hits, one still has the aluminium liner with a shot straight

appie
    ?

Default Battle damaged German lids

Here's some more relics I found in the north of France some years ago. Nice examples of serious damaged lids. They both toke some hits, one still has the aluminium liner with a shot straight through it.
    I think if they get treated with acid a lot of paint will show. Had these for years, but as I am cleaning out some boxes of relics and detector finds I came across them. They are not grave markers, as they both don't have a small hole for a nail. I'll wack these on ebay as I am cleaning out a lot of old iron.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle damaged German lids   Battle damaged German lids  

Battle damaged German lids   Battle damaged German lids  

Battle damaged German lids  

Smile Re: Battle damaged German lids

Appie, I love the relic lids. If you post them on ebay please let me know when and where, better yet give us a chance here. If I had them I wouldn't have put them away and forgotten about them. Its hard to use my metal detector and find any WWII items in New Jersey, like your relics. Thanks, John

Smile Re: Battle damaged German lids

Appie, I love the relic lids. If you post them on ebay please let me know when and where, better yet give us a chance here. If I had them I wouldn't have put them away and forgotten about them. Its hard to use my metal detector and find any WWII items in New Jersey, like your relics. Thanks, John

Default Re: Battle damaged German lids

Yeah, it is called a G E R M A N H E L M E T !!

appie
    ?

Not sure about that as you can follow the line of the bullets, one side going in, an the other side coming out. Dont think that could possible been done with a pickaxe. Look at the round holes on the last picture, but you're right, some could also have been used for target practice or something.

appie, so you didn't found them in the ground?

appie
    ?

I cant really remeber, some I found in the ground, and some half on the surface. I have a few of these lids, maybe I should keep a record where and how I found them.

appie
    ?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Yeah, it is called a G E R M A N H E L M E T !!
    Hhahahahahaa!!!!!

Those holes aren't made by a pickaxe.

Warhunter
    ?

Very nice !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast