Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Battle of Devil's Hill

Article about: Hi Guys, one of my big interests is "OP Market-Garden", best known from the book and film, "A Bridge Too Far". The village where I always stay when I visit Holland each y

Default Re: The Battle of Devil's Hill

Hi Nick, it is indeed illegal to use a metal detector in Holland. This area has been dug over many times over the years by different people. You can see the evidence. But you can still find stuff if you walk the area and think where the fighting might have taken place.

Cheers, Ade.

240stevek
    ?

Great thread Adrian.
    The pictures you took at dusk in the rain gave me a feel of what it was like to be at Devils Hill in September of 1944.

Steve
    Last edited by 240stevek; 07-07-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Hi Steve et al, I thought I would add this link to "Google Earth". From this you can also get a good idea of the area:

nijmegen holland - Google Maps

I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that the area was also an Iron Age Hill fort. You can see a circular clearing in the woods with a large raised "hill" and in the pics on that linked page some more views from there and in the woods in general.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Battle of Devil's Hill  

david83
    ?

nice foundings but the same for beek if they catch you your in troubble greetz from holland

david83
    ?

response at one af the messag,s ist not illigal to search in holland whith a metal detector but some places where a lott is found its illigal because people find bombs and ohter expolsifs, en take it home and you know what can happen most of the people who go searching do not know what they could find and see it al for old rusty metal and than the police get invalfd enz enz enz at the end they forbit it to serach there for foundings in norden of holland where i life check my site detectie greetz from holland david

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2