Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle Sites near West Wall??

Article about: Hello, I am planning a round trip of Europe, and will possibly be doing some archaeology near the West Wall (German/Belgian Border) I have been having difficulty finding places where there h

Talking Battle Sites near West Wall??

Hello,

I am planning a round trip of Europe, and will possibly be doing some archaeology near the West Wall (German/Belgian Border)

I have been having difficulty finding places where there have been battles there, and since I am from Canada, I don't want to come back from Europe empty handed.

It would be greatly appreciated if I could possibly get information about areas that will most likely have good relics (a.k.a something other than shrapnel, etc.)

Thanks!!
    Rommel1942

Default Re: Battle Sites near West Wall??

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    Hello,

I am planning a round trip of Europe, and will possibly be doing some archaeology near the West Wall (German/Belgian Border)

I have been having difficulty finding places where there have been battles there, and since I am from Canada, I don't want to come back from Europe empty handed.

It would be greatly appreciated if I could possibly get information about areas that will most likely have good relics (a.k.a something other than shrapnel, etc.)

Thanks!!
    Rommel1942
    I have a spot just on the German belgian border I will have to look in my papers.The place was incredible the stuff was just all over the place and it was on the top no need to dig (canteens, forks knifes ,broken helmets,shells ,rockets ,shovels and more ) it was in a large pin tree forest also had 3 full bankers and 2 distroyed bunkers.I have been looking for relics in europe for 30 years now yes since I was 8.the erea has few people so it is a good place to look for stuff.Will send you more info after I found it.

Thanks alot Chris. It would be wonderful if you could do that

Hi cricketchris1944,
    Wow your site sounds great, there can't be to many places left like that. Sounds like time stood still since the war. ,Did you take any pictures of the finds lying on the surface. If you did it would be geat to see them, seeing pictures of relics in situ adds so much to their history.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi cricketchris1944,
    Wow your site sounds great, there can't be to many places left like that. Sounds like time stood still since the war. ,Did you take any pictures of the finds lying on the surface. If you did it would be geat to see them, seeing pictures of relics in situ adds so much to their history.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    I did not have my camera with me but my friend did but he only took pictures of us walking around and of one bunker.yes the area was very great just to have stuff just on the top this is the only site that I found like that in 30 years of relic hunting.

wow...that must have been awesome

Here the info about the battlefield it is the Hurtgen forest it is a very interresting area I came in from the German side(Germany)From the town of Aachen go in the direction of the Belgium border You will go by a old border crossing in the woods fallow the road for about 7 miles you will come to a crossing and in front of you will be a large field with a bunker and a farmer farm on the right side the woods just right to you will have alot of bunker is good to look for relics.I hope this help make sure you tell me what you find .I know of 2 group who go there not to relic hunt but to fiind soldiers.

Hey Chris,

Thanks alot for the help. it means a lot to me. I will be sure to send you info and pics if i find anything good!

I'm not going for a while tho, but will keep u posted!

Regards,
    Finn

Just a fast reminder, digging in Germany is iffy at best and 100% illigal in the Huertgen and Reichswald forests. If you get caught your detector will be confiscated and you might end up in jail depending what they find on you. Danny

Hey Danny,

Metal detecting for WW2 relics in Germany is Legal. There are a few restrictions, but only for ancient and famous sites. Sure, probably a few of the hurtgen forest areas it is illegal, but in lots of it, you're allowed.

By the way, No metal detectorist has ever been arrested in Germany, and getting the metal detector confiscated is extremely rare.

Regards,
    Finn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast