Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Battledamaged beautiful finds

Article about: They obviously never knew what hit 'em. But it is sobering to realize that indiviuals died wearing those lids... heads turned to strawberry jam.

Default Re: Battledamaged beautiful finds

My friend was digging near the river Volga, on the cottage. And accidentally found the remains of MP-40. Land next to the river is very poorly keep metal things.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Years ago I has several opportunities to buy battle damaged souvenirs while in Europe, but I guess my moral compass pointed me other wise. Back then battle
    damage stuff was almost given away, superstition I guess. Now I think differently because I know now they were all my brothers in arms. I'm Retired U.S. Military
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

?

"Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen" Have found at a German line of defence of "Sigulda". 16 and 18 army Wehrmacht . Latvia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Quote by jurok View Post
    "Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen" Have found at a German line of defence of "Sigulda". 16 and 18 army Wehrmacht . Latvia

Hi, Palldies!! for showing this badge Good condition from the earth. Very Nice!!

I have friends in Cesis-Preikuli.....and one of friends is born in "Sigulda" I have seen the cable car they jump from!! ........ Very nice Latvians
    I should tell my friend to buy a metal detector, and go to the woods......BUT.... I do not want her to get hurt or injured. There are many dangerous items in the woods still today..... Šausmas.
    Ata! ....be safe Jurok!!

Regards, Steve p.s. I was just sent this today from my friend:

Sprādzienā metāllūžņu punktā cietuši divi cilvēki
    An explosion in scrap metal hit two people

DELFI
    31. marts 2010 10:49
    Riga, Rencēnu Street Wednesday morning an explosion occurred, which affected the two men site Delfi informed the National Police of Riga Region Administration spokeswoman Sigita Pildava. ImageVieta map Police received a call at 8:38. Investigators obtained the initial information indicates that hazardous items - charge of the detonators - scrap metal point brought a supplier - the company. Point employee who delivered the scrap, refused to receive the bolt-like object and cast it back atvedējam. At this moment the explosion occurred, which, as stated Pildava, could be more destructive if the charge had been healed. Male victims of trauma, most likely derived from the detonator charge and debris. Both hospital. Pildava informed that the police initiated criminal proceedings for the Criminal Division of the crimes against the person's health. Special Task Unit "Omega" is currently examining the cargo of scrap and the setting in order to assess whether there is not the subject of another explosive.

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi, Palldies!! for showing this badge Good condition from the earth. Very Nice!!

I have friends in Cesis-Preikuli.....and one of friends is born in "Sigulda" I have seen the cable car they jump from!! ........ Very nice Latvians
    I should tell my friend to buy a metal detector, and go to the woods......BUT.... I do not want her to get hurt or injured. There are many dangerous items in the woods still today..... Šausmas.
    Ata! ....be safe Jurok!!

Regards, Steve p.s. I was just sent this today from my friend:

Sprādzienā metāllūžņu punktā cietuši divi cilvēki
    An explosion in scrap metal hit two people

DELFI
    31. marts 2010 10:49
    Riga, Rencēnu Street Wednesday morning an explosion occurred, which affected the two men site Delfi informed the National Police of Riga Region Administration spokeswoman Sigita Pildava. ImageVieta map Police received a call at 8:38. Investigators obtained the initial information indicates that hazardous items - charge of the detonators - scrap metal point brought a supplier - the company. Point employee who delivered the scrap, refused to receive the bolt-like object and cast it back atvedējam. At this moment the explosion occurred, which, as stated Pildava, could be more destructive if the charge had been healed. Male victims of trauma, most likely derived from the detonator charge and debris. Both hospital. Pildava informed that the police initiated criminal proceedings for the Criminal Division of the crimes against the person's health. Special Task Unit "Omega" is currently examining the cargo of scrap and the setting in order to assess whether there is not the subject of another explosive.
    Hello! A sad case. At us tell "a wolf you are afraid - do not go to wood". We dig cautiously.

Quote by jurok View Post
    Hello! A sad case. At us tell "a wolf you are afraid - do not go to wood". We dig cautiously.
    Yes....Very cautiously....

?

My battledemaged M42.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Here are battle damaged Belgian and Italian mess-tins, and Soviet sapper spade. All items dug out in Kurland, such mess-tins for Kurland are very rare, Italian mess tin is very interesting because it has pieces of shrapnel inside.

I'm selling this items on my ebay shop, because they took to much place in my house.

Juergen
    ?

I don't know-why not easy restore it??That want sell for a lot of Money??
    what you do with it?
    regards
    Jurgen

Great finds guys.

Here's some pics of a nice aluminium buckle I dug up back in March this year, classic spot, corner of a field in a ditch, it was a
    17th SS mg position as we found hundreds of spent 7.92mm and this...

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast