Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Battledamaged beautiful finds

Article about: They obviously never knew what hit 'em. But it is sobering to realize that indiviuals died wearing those lids... heads turned to strawberry jam.

Happened to came across this thread, would like to share my unusual battle damage piece.

This is a piece from a downed Japanese Mitsubishi Zero Type 22 on one of the islands of the pacific. Not sure the exact part, but it's on the starboard of the cockpit.

It has a believe to be a 12.7mm (.05 cal) machine gun or a 20 mm cannon bullet penetrated damage. A very dramatic aircraft related artifact.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Quote by Markoni Serbia View Post
    this is one..crazy bullet trajectory my friend..Maybe a helmet lying on the ground.or the German was above,on the building or something...

who knows...
    .. No stains of blood...

tnx this is realy good thread..
    Agreed, very plausible.

Plenty of abandoned lids on the battle field.

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    This is a piece from a downed Japanese Mitsubishi Zero Type 22 on one of the islands of the pacific. Not sure the exact part, but it's on the starboard of the cockpit.

Regards,
    Taka
    Great artifact

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This cigarette case is from Leningrad front, interesting that the name of owner is not counted as MIA or KIA
    БЕУС ДЕНИC АНТОНОВИЧ (Beus Denis Antonovich), private, KIA 25/05/1943, burried near Kirishi.

This is probably junk to others, but I find this particular item very interesting. It's a handle from a RGD-33 grenade I found it from Kuhmo, Kilpelänkangas. Surprisingly it was ground find, I guess the person who dug it up didn't want it. Judging from the damage on the grenade, I think it's pretty plausible to say that it was thrown and it exploded. I just find it amazing to think by my souls eyes, how the Soviet 163rd Division charged Finnish positions there, with gunfire blazing in the air and a soldier throwing this grenade into Finnish positions. I attached a map of the area I found it from, the exact area is highlighted in green.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Very Nice Thread. I really enjoyed it...BILL IN NC
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

A feldflasche and a kochgeschirr lid rendered inoperative with extreme prejudice!!!!!!

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

what are the odds that some of these items have been damaged after action?
    Does visible battle damage raise the value of an item?
    Is this an incentive to shoot them up?
    Some of the items have damage that is not random enough to have occurred in battle and looks to be more likely the result of target shooting after the fact.

all the known fakes.
    Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Not from my collection but just a picture from Latvian Militaria fair. Price - $200

Soviet sh36,fighting Kampfgruppe SS Nord and NKVD board troops 12-16.07.1941,North Karelia

Battledamaged beautiful finds   Battledamaged beautiful finds  

German helmet same place

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast