Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battlefield relic display

Article about: Hi Everyone, I have been putting together a display of German and Soviet relics from the former Soviet Union and Germany. Seen here, clock wise from left, Soviet RGD 33 and 42 grenades, a T3

Default Battlefield relic display

Hi Everyone, I have been putting together a display of German and Soviet relics from the former Soviet Union and Germany. Seen here, clock wise from left, Soviet RGD 33 and 42 grenades, a T34 tank track, a Soviet M40 helmet, a Soviet messtin, a German M42 helmet, a German MG ammunition box, A German Egg grenade, a Panzerfaust, and centre, an M42 anti-tank tellermine. All ordnance has been fully checked for safety.

One question- the tellermine has a hole in the front that looks like it has been melted. Does anyone have an explanation?

Any other comments welcome. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefield relic display  

Like the M42! The mine looks like it has shrapnel damage to it, rather than melting.

Thanks for the comment. with regard to the mine, the metal is ridged around the hole on both the inside and the outside, which does not seem consistent with shrapnel damage to me.

No idea. Doubt someone would attack it with a blow torch, unless they had designs on meeting the angles. THe bottom plates on these were only tacked together and can fall off easily, providing the fuzes are not present I don't know why such damage would occur. Nice display.

?

Another amazing display Doug. Well done.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks Rossi.

I think "Super Cool" !! Well done

Very nice display showing a balanced number of different items - some I would imagine quite difficult to find.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nick

Thanks for the comments guys- some of these things are not easy to find.

This is a great display, the background photo really brings it all together. The whole thing has a museum quality look to it, great stuff mate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast