Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

battlefield relics collection

Article about: hi stuka somethings i listed are looking for new home fritztk@hotmail.co.uk for whats needing new home.. if you want cheers fraser

?

Default Re: battlefield relics collection

hello stuka, what is that yellowish colour on the heer buckles?

Hey zeller.
    that are restorations I started, but never finished.
    I only did one completely up to now.
    I can not find the pictures right now, but I did posted them previously in a other treath.
    I keep on searching.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanks!

Here is how the fifth from above in the left row looked before being restored.
    Apparently I did a other one, the 4 th from above in the middel row seem more or less finished as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 100_3405.jpg  
    cheers
    |<ris

?

thats interesting! when you have time can you post a "then&now" of that buckle?
    I am also interested in your restoratin technique

Quote by Zeller View Post
    thats interesting! when you have time can you post a "then&now" of that buckle?
    I am also interested in your restoratin technique
    I am working on a new one and making a step by step repport, becouse finding the previous one will take me forever.
    Thise is the one I am working on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 100_3410.jpg  
    cheers
    |<ris

I forgot to thank you ,zeller, for your intrest!! Because what I do is not appreciated by much in thise particulary collectors society!
    I have done a lot of restaurations in other collectors subjects.
    Pottery, ceramics , porcelain and antique glassware were the main and the reason I started to learn those technics more then 15 years ago.
    And came to a stage where I do restore lots of things.
    Textile and paper are the only I do not do, however I am thinking of starting to learn also those procedees, when ever I got time.
    But first I want to learn to play guitare!!! Just a silly thing that came over me a few weeks ago!
    One is never to old to learn.
    Even thise forum makes me go to sleep every night; less dumb then the day before!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

I like to restore items too, and like you, not only in the collecting fields. I feel like I am preserving time...

Usually I prefer mild cleaning/restoration but when the item is rust or damaged beyond my acceptable taste, I indulge in heavier restorations.

I am working now on a M43 head, which was heavily battered and rust. I am rebuilding the missing parts with liquid metal,rust powder and glue and I am considering to improve the final result with a layer of paint. But I am still looking for the correct "RAL" paint for the hand granaten. Anyone knows that?

Sorry fritztk for taking over your treath.
    But here is what to expect from your postman.
    It will come in a brown bubbled-wrapped enveloppe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 100_3406.jpg   100_3407.jpg  

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I like to restore items too, and like you, not only in the collecting fields. I feel like I am preserving time...

Usually I prefer mild cleaning/restoration but when the item is rust or damaged beyond my acceptable taste, I indulge in heavier restorations.

I am working now on a M43 head, which was heavily battered and rust. I am rebuilding the missing parts with liquid metal,rust powder and glue and I am considering to improve the final result with a layer of paint. But I am still looking for the correct "RAL" paint for the hand granaten. Anyone knows that?
    It is a 1 in a million chance to find "a" RAL color that suites a restoration.
    I (well in fact my wife) make my own colors.
    cheers
    |<ris