Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Battlefield Tours to Russia

Article about: Interesting.....

?

Default Re: Battlefield Tours to Russia

Hello Gents,

Not finished with the video yet. Here is some pics of the Bronze Panzerkampfabzeichen one of our guests (and new friend) found on the dig. I am sure he will post some himselff later on after a little cleaning. Video, pics and a general description of the dig will come up soon.

?

Great find to start for a new Ostfront digger Lars
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Very cool. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

The best find in my career so far besides from the new friendship ofc.

Germany to latvia and at last russia before I found an award
    Thanks Lars for a super extreme ostfront experience.

Hope to see you and locha very soon again.

?

Thanks for the comments guys As himselff says, this was kind of an extreme trip. We made a sort of a bad call and walked very far on the 2'nd day. It could have turned out good though.

Here is the video from the trip. It is kind of long, 25 minutes, but i could not make it shorter and if you are a battlefield enthusiast i guess you don't mind. It was a great and tough trip. The hardest one i have been on so far. Normally we always have our 4x4 vehicle, but his time we had to go on the ZIL truck. I am waiting to get some pics from my Russian buddy and our Swedish friends. So the video is all that you will get for now. I simply did not have the time to take pics and make video, walk, dig and what not. I hope you like it guys. WARNING!!! QUITE A LOT OF BAD LANGUAGE

Diggin on the Eastern Front with Swedish friends - YouTube

Regards, Lars

Jesus christ mate, those flies are like fists with wings. Is the choice pretty much flies or frostbite out on the front? I am impressed with your truck though, it looks like you could drop it off a cliff no problem. I'll watch the video at home properly with sound, no speakers at work. Great finds too

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Jesus christ mate, those flies are like fists with wings. Is the choice pretty much flies or frostbite out on the front? I am impressed with your truck though, it looks like you could drop it off a cliff no problem. I'll watch the video at home properly with sound, no speakers at work. Great finds too
    In the spring and autumn it's not so bad and the temperature is also lower than now. The more time spend out there, the more respect i get for the men on both sides spending months and years out there. The big flies are luckily very slow on stinging. It's some smaller black stinging flies and the mosquito's that is the worst. There is also some other stinging insects i have never seen anywhere else. At camp however it's not too bad. once we get a fire going. In the forest we also light some small fires when resting. Spring and autumn is the best times i think, but then the soil can also be a little wet. The seasons have their pro's and con's.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys As himselff says, this was kind of an extreme trip. We made a sort of a bad call and walked very far on the 2'nd day. It could have turned out good though.

Here is the video from the trip. It is kind of long, 25 minutes, but i could not make it shorter and if you are a battlefield enthusiast i guess you don't mind. It was a great and tough trip. The hardest one i have been on so far. Normally we always have our 4x4 vehicle, but his time we had to go on the ZIL truck. I am waiting to get some pics from my Russian buddy and our Swedish friends. So the video is all that you will get for now. I simply did not have the time to take pics and make video, walk, dig and what not. I hope you like it guys. WARNING!!! QUITE A LOT OF BAD LANGUAGE

Diggin on the Eastern Front with Swedish friends - YouTube

Regards, Lars
    Diggers using bad langauge , that's just terrible !!

- - Updated - -

Quote by Datrus View Post
    In the spring and autumn it's not so bad and the temperature is also lower than now. The more time spend out there, the more respect i get for the men on both sides spending months and years out there. The big flies are luckily very slow on stinging. It's some smaller black stinging flies and the mosquito's that is the worst. There is also some other stinging insects i have never seen anywhere else. At camp however it's not too bad. once we get a fire going. In the forest we also light some small fires when resting. Spring and autumn is the best times i think, but then the soil can also be a little wet. The seasons have their pro's and con's.
    Same on the Nordost Front Lars , spring and autimn are the best times otherwise it is Mosquito and tick city in the forests and swamps !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Sorry about the bad language Paul. I know this does not belong in the digging community. I am sure you and Dimas never use bad language out digging

Cheers mate!! Nice Narva Front thread btw.

?

It was quite an amazing trip! The hardest thing I've done in my life but I would do it again for sure. I was a bit unlucky with my finds but that was because I got a little bit sick and couldn't search very much. Aty least got a K98 clip and a signal flare casing in really good condition with text. It was however cool just to be there and see all the remaints of the war. And walking for 8 hours a day, in 33 degrees heat with mosquitos, deer flies, godzilla flies and all other things trying to bite you really made you think about how things bust have been for the poor soldiers fighting there.

The grenades we found we later used for fishing:

Grenade Fishing Fail Video | KillSomeTime

(PS: WE DON'T FISH WITH GRENADES, THAT IS A UNRELATED VIDEO JUST FOR FUN)

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast