Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

Default re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Quote by spad1 View Post
    of course not all items are found with remains dimas. but up in karelien. especially the area here. none of the soldiers where given field burials. they where left where they fell.and they have been lying like this open to everyone the last 65 years. it was just a handfull that manged to flee from the russian. and its estimated that about only 40 became pow.all the rest died up there.
    Hi Spad1...have you been to karelia? do you really think this is a small area or what? If you study some history you will probably know that the frontline went there as well,not only the hills where the norwegians where killed..I was up last year with the guys from the university in Bergen and some WERY serious russians who helped us in every way..thanks to their knowledge we did find 10 remains of soldiers.
    And don't think it's easy,the whole area is scattered with ammunition and splinter's and if you don't know the area or have a gps you are surely lost up there! Andrei,Wolodja and Victor did a superb job on our expedition in Karelia guiding us,telling us the history and their own teories on what happened,whitch in many ways showed to be correct. Andrei is a serious man who help's the norwegian project with the russian arcives and also out in the fields...

?

Hello Atle,

Can you tell us more about your expedition you had in Karelia last year , i for one and i'm sure many others would be very interested.

Excellent news that you managed to find 10 MIA's , have any been identified ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hi Paul.
    Our expedition went to kaprolat/hasselmann hill where SS-Schijägerbataillon "Norge" got in heavy fighting on the 25. og 26. juni wher most of the norwegians got kia.
    Our expedition was to find the remains and try to identify them out from dna given by their family's.
    One of the soldier's was burried here in Norway this year and they have found an id on another one as well

?

Quote by Atle M View Post
    Hi Paul.
    Our expedition went to kaprolat/hasselmann hill where SS-Schijägerbataillon "Norge" got in heavy fighting on the 25. og 26. juni wher most of the norwegians got kia.
    Our expedition was to find the remains and try to identify them out from dna given by their family's.
    One of the soldier's was burried here in Norway this year and they have found an id on another one as well
    I thought you would have been to the kaprolat Hills where the Norwegian SS-Schijägerbataillon "Norge" fought.

Well done , 2 guys MIA for so long , now identified and returned to their own soil in Norway is an excellent result . Do you intend to try again this year ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Hi Paul. I don't think so.the Norwegian gouverment only financed two expeditions (witch is a shame) The university fought hard to finance this and the norwegian gouverment has refused several times because the norwegians fought for the germans.If i get an offer to go again i will say yes.I hate to think about soldiers lying there on the battlefield and don't care who they fought for. No soldier deserves to be left because he "was on the wrong side".

?

Quote by Atle M View Post
    Hi Paul. I don't think so.the Norwegian gouverment only financed two expeditions (witch is a shame) The university fought hard to finance this and the norwegian gouverment has refused several times because the norwegians fought for the germans.If i get an offer to go again i will say yes.I hate to think about soldiers lying there on the battlefield and don't care who they fought for. No soldier deserves to be left because he "was on the wrong side".
    Yes indeed they fought for what they believed to be right at the time and the Government should recognise that and make sure they are all brought home.

Have you any photos from the expedition ?

1st July 1916

?

photo's? i got about 500 photos from the expedition hehe!

?

Any you can share ???

1st July 1916

?

Hi Paul.

i started to put out some pics from the trip in another post

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...overed-5115-4/

?

How did i miss that !!! Thanks my friend

1st July 1916

Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast