Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 118 of 154 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1535

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

What an amazing thread!!Fantastic work and awesome finds you are doing up there. Would love to come join you for a dig sometime!!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    Hello everyone,friends!
    All is OK!
    Tell me "Good Luck" or "Gluckauf" I will to start to first expedition to Karelien SS Bunkerdorf very soon!
    Maxim where are you mate? Still digging in the forests? We need an update in this thread
    На здоровье
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Beautiful pictures! Thank You!

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    With regards to my comments regarding the disposal, that is my own opinion. It is a fact that the Nuremburg War Trials concluded that the Waffen SS was a criminal organisation as detailed in Airey Neaves book.

If they had been ordinary wermacht soldiers, they would of course have the right to be repatriated. Waffen SS do not have that right as enschrined in the Nuremburg ruling, all members were stigmatized even if none had been directly involved in war crimes, or used the often quoted claim that they were simply following orders. That is why the Nazi symbols are banned and possession a criminal offence in Germany.
    Really? You're serious? "Even if none had been directly involved in war crimes," because of the Tribunal's decision, and an administrative move putting the TotenkopfverbÀnde into the Waffen-SS, these guys are to be condemned? You honestly believe that?

It is also a fact that the 6th SS Mountain division Nord were volunteer soldiers, not conscripts.
    Really?

It is pointless pontificating as I was merely given my own opinion
    You're completely correct, and you are of course entitled to your opinion. I can only wish it was formed on a solid basis of factual information.

Gentlemen....Let's Not let this fine thread devolve into politically correct arguing. I'd ask that all parties continue this "discussion" in a separate thread-perhaps in the Discussion Thread as it was intended to be. To continue to debate and argue the point here will only ruin a superb thread and that has no place here.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 09-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Gentlemen....Let's Not let this fine thread devolve into politically correct arguing. I'd ask that all parties continue this "discussion" in a separate thread-perhaps in the Discussion Thread as it was intended to be. To continue to debate and argue the point here will only ruin a superb thread and that has no place here.
    My apologies. I should have actually read further through the thread, rather than trying to absorb the photos. I stand corrected!

Quote by mpw View Post
    A good read giving an excellent background to events of the period described is 'Black Edelwiess' by Johann Voss. Nice maps and photos included too.
    Thank you, Mark! Those were the first maps I did for Aberjona Press! Glad you liked them!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Did you manage to find out anyhting about SS Obersturmfuhrer v Zydowitz ??
    Karl v. Zydowitz, born 18 March 17; from Osterath

Ustuf 10./SS-I.R.7 1.42; Ostuf , Chef 2./Schtz.Btl.6 10.43; Hstuf Kdr. Pz.Gr.Btl.506; killed 16.3.45 near Losheim

EKII 27 Dec 41
    Order of the Cross of Liberty, 4th Class, with Swords 30.06.43
    Last edited by Tom Houlihan; 09-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    www.mapsatwar.com

Always looking for information on 6.SS-Nord

?

Our laws such ass.

?

Default A long and informative read

Its taken over 5 days between work to read about an area of conflict, i am ashamed to admit i didnt know about.

Through the forum and its contributers to this thread i have seen the whole gambit of humanity. Thank you to Maxim and his friends for bringing this to our attention and preserving the memory of those young brave soldiers of all sides sent to fight on the artic circle.

Paul