Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1535

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

Quote by Mil Spec View Post
    In over 40 years of collecting, from what I have seen, it has been generally accepted that the only country using '925' proofed silver during this era was England (and through association, their colonies)... and only became an international standard for 'Sterling Silver' after the war. The U.S. used 'STERLING' rather than '925' as the silver proof on their items. If Norway has also indeed been proven to be using '925' during the war -I apologize for stating it was only England. As for the 400k German soldiers present at the end of the war... the items in question are being found in Karelia, Russia -not Norway.

Without identifying said individuals by their real name, I can say that one specifically in this thread that is also doing the 'finding' is in fact, the same person from a shipping address in Riga, Latvia that sold me a fake Knight's Cross with Oakleaves & Swords device -using the identical, same text (punctuation, spelling, grammar, wording) in both correspondence from the RK purchase -and a decade later in this thread. Given the fact that the purchase was in the 4-figures, it would be a crime in the U.S. -if the seller was in the U.S., or sold through a U.S. website. So here, the website is '.eu' -giving provenance to items being 'found' and sold in the '.eu'. That is part of the basis of the concerns I have. But, I suppose if the suffix on this website was '.pl' [Poland] or '.ru' [Russia] -people may only then have some pause for concern right?

I did flip it over (from the original photo) to read it... either way, the second digit shows a flat on either the top or bottom -meaning a '2' or a '5' is the second digit. A '3' with a flat top was not used in Europe during the period.

Aging a reproduction and 'staging' it in photos is what I am saying... not a 'relic store'. Proper excavations DO document items in every stage of discovery, cleaning and identification. Laying out grid lines for photographic documentation is performed in land and undersea excavations to show exactly where items are found and in what condition. Bringing a 'found' item that has been 'cleaned' back to a dig site -is not provenance in anyone's book. If the silver ring on the finger bones was tarnished black and the bone was correspondingly discolored, then I would believe that specific item to be genuine... and this isn't 'common sense' also?

For certain, being ripped off by an individual using the same exact verbiage as another contributor to this thread has biased me. I freely admit it.

Fortunately, proven science and documented reactions of metals in various environments and time spans -is on my side.

Without any disrespect to you Paul, being based in Estonia -where many forgeries have been proven to originate- your statements of support are equally just as 'unfounded and personal' as you say my posts have been. I do have science and historical documentation in support of my statements. But perhaps you are correct... leading a thirsty horse to water and expecting it to drink is challenging to all but the most skilled of Svengali's, and just maybe I should let this game be played by these 'willing' (yet uninformed) participants.
    Ah i see you are an advocate of the " if it's from Eastern Europe or Russia it must be fake as they are all rip off merchants theory " , well thanks for pushing that one again !! As i have stated take these debates of this thread and open a seperate one and to repeat myself again the two main contributors to this thread are well known in their field for the correct way in which they conduct themselves , plus they are not not from Latvia , that well known haven of fakery !! If you have been done over in the past by someone in Latvia then i commiserate with you that has nothing to do with anyone here !!

Okay lets' move on and if you want to discuss any item further please open seperate threads.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Ah i see you are an advocate of the " if it's from Eastern Europe or Russia it must be fake as they are all rip off merchants theory " , well thanks for pushing that one again !! As i have stated take these debates of this thread and open a seperate one and to repeat myself again the two main contributors to this thread are well known in their field for the correct way in which they conduct themselves , plus they are not not from Latvia , that well known haven of fakery !! If you have been done over in the past by someone in Latvia then i commiserate with you that has nothing to do with anyone here !!
    Guess you missed this:
    Quote by Mil Spec View Post
    Without identifying said individuals by their real name, I can say that one specifically in this thread that is also doing the 'finding' is in fact, the same person from a shipping address in Riga, Latvia that sold me a fake Knight's Cross with Oakleaves & Swords device -using the identical, same text (punctuation, spelling, grammar, wording) in both correspondence from the RK purchase -and a decade later in this thread. Given the fact that the purchase was in the 4-figures, it would be a crime in the U.S. -if the seller was in the U.S., or sold through a U.S. website.
    Okay then... BTW, through PM's -I am not the only one doubting some of these items.

?

I Didn't miss that at all , my reply centred around that comment !!

Rings are not my thing but you seem determind that everyone here who has studied the subject doesn't know what you know and their opinions are not worth a jot , followed by accusation against persons you cannot name on the thread so can I suggest that if you can prove your accusation which appears to be unfounded that you contact me via pm.

But i request for the final time to desist from derailing this thread and if you have a problem with items then open a discussion in the correct topic threads !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Okay then... BTW, through PM's -I am not the only one doubting some of these items.[/QUOTE]

Well open a discussion thread so all the other behind the scenes doubters can throw in their comments !!

1st July 1916

Can this whole last page of unfounded mud-slinging and baseless accusations be deleted please?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Both appear similar with regards to the condition of the attachment in relation to the condition/level and type of corrosion to the badge itself --- (only real difference I see would be the different type of catch hook). Not going to comment any further as I'm not a BKA expert by any means.
    I find it surprising that Mil Spec has not addressed my post on the ground dug BKA and it's comparison to another found under the same circumstances and cleaned using the electrolysis method. Then again, with the evidence shown it's actually not that surprising at all is it? And now due to what's been said about "derailing this thread" I doubt it ever will be, as interesting as it may be as a counter to his opinion on the item.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

All he has to do is open a discussion thread Ned ................

1st July 1916

I have found 925 marked rings also in Finland,I see nothing wrong with the items he is finding on the other side of the border

Quote by Paul D View Post
    All he has to do is open a discussion thread Ned ................
    That ain't gonna happen in this case though is it? He's got it wrong on the BKA so why advertise it? I'm done with this pointless argument.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    That ain't gonna happen in this case though is it? He's got it wrong on the BKA so why advertise it? I'm done with this pointless argument.
    Amen to that mate !!

1st July 1916