Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 154 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Default re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

I would have to say for my first post that these pictures and the projects by Max and Karl to locate and repatriate the war dead is the most amazing read I have had for several years. I buy several publications in the UK that print photos and publish articles about the second world war that are usually very enthralling reads. However I have never been more entralled than reading this thread.
    I am aware that the search for lost soldiers encompasses not only SS Nord, CCCP soldiers and nationalties from other allied and axis countries.

It seems that most of the hostile reaction to the projects are due in part to how the bodies of the dead are dealt with.

Bearing in mind that the SS Nord soldiers would have more than likely committed suicide rather than be captured and tortured to death by the Soviets and vice versa because of the SS mentality that slavic peoples were untermensch, I myself have no sympathy for any of the SS Nord dead. Indeed the term Quisling was coined to describe Norwegian traitors of their own country and if the same had happened in Britain and Mosely had his fascists join the SS, I would have expected the British to have executed them as traitors. I therefore do not share the view that the SS dead should be repatriated and therefore the best option would be cremating the bones and disposing of the ashes in a place that is unknown to any neonazis. The SS have done many unspeakable crimes and do not deserve any memorial in my opinion.

I would agree though that this fascinating and sometines macabre thread should continue but I would request that if possible we can see a lot more of the Soviet war dead photos and lost equipmemt as I think too much has been made of the SS role in this conflict.

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    I would have to say for my first post that these pictures and the projects by Max and Karl to locate and repatriate the war dead is the most amazing read I have had for several years. I buy several publications in the UK that print photos and publish articles about the second world war that are usually very enthralling reads. However I have never been more entralled than reading this thread.
    I am aware that the search for lost soldiers encompasses not only SS Nord, CCCP soldiers and nationalties from other allied and axis countries.

It seems that most of the hostile reaction to the projects are due in part to how the bodies of the dead are dealt with.

Bearing in mind that the SS Nord soldiers would have more than likely committed suicide rather than be captured and tortured to death by the Soviets and vice versa because of the SS mentality that slavic peoples were untermensch, I myself have no sympathy for any of the SS Nord dead. Indeed the term Quisling was coined to describe Norwegian traitors of their own country and if the same had happened in Britain and Mosely had his fascists join the SS, I would have expected the British to have executed them as traitors. I therefore do not share the view that the SS dead should be repatriated and therefore the best option would be cremating the bones and disposing of the ashes in a place that is unknown to any neonazis. The SS have done many unspeakable crimes and do not deserve any memorial in my opinion.

I would agree though that this fascinating and sometines macabre thread should continue but I would request that if possible we can see a lot more of the Soviet war dead photos and lost equipmemt as I think too much has been made of the SS role in this conflict.
    While i respect your right to have your opinion on the SS soldat i have to disagree with your comment regarding disposeing of there ashs in an unknown place and not deserveing of any momorial .
    Firstly not all SS soldaten were murdours criminals and went around commiting unspeakable crimes , many were just a common man doing a job he believed in was the right thing to do at that period of time in history , being a soldier .Many a SS man fought to the end without any thoughts of commiting war crimes showing great acts of courage and compasion and not just to his comrades but the enermy as well. This man if lost on the battlefield deserves every right to be found and given a decent funeral or sent home to be back with his family.
    I believe strongly that one side or any side for that matter cant have the finger pointed at them in regards to being the worst offenders for any form of war crime , look at the soviets rapeing thousands of woman some still children while takeing germany , the japanese slave labour camps .If a soldier of any nation performs any form of atrosity in a conflict and gets caught one way or another then he deserves whats comeing to him , i have no problem with that , but i dont agree with condeming many on the actions of a few ,A soldat fallen on the battlefirld probaly unkown thats been lost for over 60 years then deserves the right to be sent home or given a burial with his comrades SS or not . Cheers Raymond

What kind of logic is that?

Evidence proves that some US soldiers during the war executed German prisoners by headshot in Normandy, therefore NO dead US soldier should be sent home to the US to be buried ?

Thank you Max for the pictures! and for finding soldiers from both sides.

Thanx for all,gentlemen.
    I show for you just LIVE HISTORY
    Cheers
    Maxim
    Arktis ist Nicht!

?

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    While i respect your right to have your opinion on the SS soldat i have to disagree with your comment regarding disposeing of there ashs in an unknown place and not deserveing of any momorial .
    Firstly not all SS soldaten were murdours criminals and went around commiting unspeakable crimes , many were just a common man doing a job he believed in was the right thing to do at that period of time in history , being a soldier .Many a SS man fought to the end without any thoughts of commiting war crimes showing great acts of courage and compasion and not just to his comrades but the enermy as well. This man if lost on the battlefield deserves every right to be found and given a decent funeral or sent home to be back with his family.
    I believe strongly that one side or any side for that matter cant have the finger pointed at them in regards to being the worst offenders for any form of war crime , look at the soviets rapeing thousands of woman some still children while takeing germany , the japanese slave labour camps .If a soldier of any nation performs any form of atrosity in a conflict and gets caught one way or another then he deserves whats comeing to him , i have no problem with that , but i dont agree with condeming many on the actions of a few ,A soldat fallen on the battlefirld probaly unkown thats been lost for over 60 years then deserves the right to be sent home or given a burial with his comrades SS or not . Cheers Raymond
    A good point well made Raymond !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Some of the most interesting images and reads on the Net...fantastic work.

Quote by Vonforhud View Post
    What kind of logic is that?

Evidence proves that some US soldiers during the war executed German prisoners by headshot in Normandy, therefore NO dead US soldier should be sent home to the US to be buried ?

Thank you Max for the pictures! and for finding soldiers from both sides.
    vonforhud that is so true!! and raymond well said again, it really is stupid and crazy to believe every single SS man was a murdering criminal just please dont hit every SS soldier with the bad stigma of other SS criminals.

max some more great new pics i love the small hj mirror! also loved the pic grenades from the lake they look brand new you can just see them ss men shouting and swearing while throwing these in the water, well i can

keep them pics coming if you can!

regards ewan

Helo all.I have sold several hand grenades, but still I have few deactivated sticks.
    But now-helmets,if you need-ask me prices
    Cheers
    Maxim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Arktis ist Nicht!

/////
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)   Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    I do work which helps the unknown and lost soldiers to receive Christian ritual. Now they receive graves. But only after I them shall find it.
    People like you are doing a very good job

Page 37 of 154 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast