Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 154 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Default re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

I am sure that there are many here on both sides of the fence.

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    I do appreciate that the guys who have been locating, recording, researching and trying to repatriate the bodies of all the soldiers in Karelia have evry right to do so including the methods used and means involved.

With regards to my comments regarding the disposal, that is my own opinion. It is a fact that the Nuremburg War Trials concluded that the Waffen SS was a criminal organisation as detailed in Airey Neaves book.

It is also a fact that the 6th SS Mountain division Nord were volunteer soldiers, not conscripts.

The Norwegian Gov't today would not want these lost soldiers repatriated home as they were regarded as traitors to their own people. In case most people are not aware, Knut Haukelid the famous Norwegian resistance fighter who along with his colleagues
    destroyed the Heavy Water hydro plant at Telemark was actually born in New York.

If the bodies were repatriated they would according to the gov't become shrines to neonazis. I have no problem with them being buried in a cemetery in Karelia - not sure even neo nazis would travel 2000 miles just to pay homage.

If they had been ordinary wermacht soldiers, they would of course have the right to be repatriated. Waffen SS do not have that right as enschrined in the Nuremburg ruling, all members were stigmatized even if none had been directly involved in war crimes, or used the often quoted claim that they were simply following orders. That is why the Nazi symbols are banned and possession a criminal offence in Germany.

It is pointless pontificating as I was merely given my own opinion - unfortunately the cult of SS relics collecting brings both supporters and detractors just as there are two sides to every story and never the twain do meet.

From an archeological point of view, the fascination with the dig is the possibility of recording in full the injuries sustained,the range of the weapons used, tactics deployed during the fighting and the logistics of moving soldiers in that kind of terrain. The photos are well taken and I hope to see more in future.
    mods..
    can this person be told to stop his offensive posts please
    cheers
    fraser

?

Hi Fraser,

I've addressed the issue with our new member in an earlier post so hopefully we can just move on with this fantastic thread,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello again.
    Show for all rare thing for MG
    Used in the forrest in Karelia and Balkans
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Nebel hand grenades from lake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    Thanx Franz
    I know-you understand it. I wait for news from you on mine e-mail
    Did you get the email and PMs Maxim ??

No Franz,please.try again
    eismeer(@)mail.ru
    Best regards
    Maxim
    Last edited by Eismeerfront; 04-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Email sent

I've joined this forum after reading this thread. Maxim... wow, what an interesting job you have. Thank you for sharing these photos.

?

I have been following this thread since it started and I think it is amazing! I check it almost everyday hoping for new photos. I envy you and your friends. Keep the photos coming!

Mike

Page 39 of 154 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast