Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Default re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Quote by jh92 View Post

Not a grave robber? Where did these come from? Who stacked them here? There s no care taken, these piles are so close and i doubt they each contain 206 bones. I find this pretty disgusting.
    We dont know the circumstances, how are we to know whether these bones were from a grave with several soldiers in it which would make identification of which part belonged to who difficult. I hope that they were given a decent burial and were treated with respect.

Thanks

Danny

Hi guys!!

As I see last month most popular question on this forum:
    "Who I'am? Graverobber or the military archeologist?

I am glad,my European colleagues,that in the European Union
    remains of all soldiers which was KIA are buried and you find only relics without bones.
    But in Russia was lost many soldier and I am compelled to face
    with remains constantly.

WAR IS THE SWEAT,BLOOD AND DEATH!!!!!
    Military archeology in Russia it too sweat (after 15 kilometre
    transition with a backpack), blood (after traumas) and death (you see it when you find remains of soldiers).

And if in Europe think that the military archeology is walk on wood
    in white gloves - that this ERROR!!!!

As I would like to tell,that in Noth Karelia dig a lot of people. And very often I see remains of soldiers dug out only for the making money.(see photo)

Those photos which I posting - is my archive and made for last 15 years.But not all photos - results of my work.

I repeat,all remains which I find,transferred to the official organisations or made temporary burial places for the subsequent become transfers.

As it is not clear what some people here try to name me
    graverobber and after that in РМ ask me to sell relics SS. This is a polity of double standarts.

All that I wanted, when register on this site, it to show
    finds from Noth Karelia...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  

Thanx RichieC, Frazer and GasMasksUK for good words!!!!

Gernika81
    ?

Hi. In my case I asked you twice if you sold relics via pm, and I didn't even commented your thread nor tell that you were a graverobber. Result: no response from you. So not my case. Cheers.

hi.
    karel..
    no problem..
    i know you are man of honour..
    cheers
    fraser..
    ps..is watch still available..??

Jan
    ?

In Finland WW2 battlefields areas are protected by law. Professional excavations have started in northern Finland last summer (mainly on German prison camps). In the former Finnish (sk North Karelian) areas in Russia which the Sovjets took from Finland during WW2, digging continues as never before. Sad story really, let the dead rest!!

Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    We dont know the circumstances, how are we to know whether these bones were from a grave with several soldiers in it which would make identification of which part belonged to who difficult. I hope that they were given a decent burial and were treated with respect.

Thanks

Danny
    I find it really ugly too...

Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by Karell Gott View Post
    Hi guys!!

As I see last month most popular question on this forum:
    "Who I'am? Graverobber or the military archeologist?

I am glad,my European colleagues,that in the European Union
    remains of all soldiers which was KIA are buried and you find only relics without bones.
    But in Russia was lost many soldier and I am compelled to face
    with remains constantly.

WAR IS THE SWEAT,BLOOD AND DEATH!!!!!
    Military archeology in Russia it too sweat (after 15 kilometre
    transition with a backpack), blood (after traumas) and death (you see it when you find remains of soldiers).

And if in Europe think that the military archeology is walk on wood
    in white gloves - that this ERROR!!!!

As I would like to tell,that in Noth Karelia dig a lot of people. And very often I see remains of soldiers dug out only for the making money.(see photo)

Those photos which I posting - is my archive and made for last 15 years.But not all photos - results of my work.

I repeat,all remains which I find,transferred to the official organisations or made temporary burial places for the subsequent become transfers.

As it is not clear what some people here try to name me
    graverobber and after that in РМ ask me to sell relics SS. This is a polity of double standarts.

All that I wanted, when register on this site, it to show
    finds from Noth Karelia...
    Who are the people digging in Northern Karelia, formerly Finnish Pohjois Karjala?

Rgds Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    I find it really ugly too...

Rgds Jan
    Its just the after effects of war, it just isnt pretty in any way shape or form.

Thanks

Danny

?

I think what the main problem here is not grave-robbing so much as a genuine lack of technique. Archaeological techniques take appropriate training and time in order to be applied in the field. The problem we see here is that people are so hasty to dig the bodies up, they arent treating them scientificly. As has already been said, 15km hikes to the sites and limited tools will make influence your patience and technique.

As someone who has 3 months till they graduate with a BA (hons) degree in Archaeolgy, I am desperate to go out to these places and accompany some of these guys when they dig. If only to see how they are conducted. Its facsinating and is only now being considered a part of mainstream archaeology. When I first started my degree, I was laughed at for being interested in Conflict Archaeology.....

Tom.

Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast