Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

Default Re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Anonymity is a personal choice resulting from a couple of attempted identity theft cases and visits from unknown people to my doorstep.

The photo of my award was merely to allay any doubts of my 'noobness' -as if I woke up that morning, fired up the internet, found this thread and proclaimed "Good golly oh wow! Dat there looks like one a 'dem re-perductions from 'dem Eastern-blok countrys." (Sorry, I can pretend to sound like an inbred redneck for only so long)

So, not a pissing contest by any means... merely relating some issues I have with some of those items. Heck, in one of those pics way back... there is a bright silver ring laying in the dirt -like it was found like that. I am skeptical about things like that.

This may be a reason I backed out of the hobby as well, William.

In the end, we go on our gut to tell us what is real and what is not... your experience tells you it is. We just differ on that, that is all.

You can have awards up to the eyeballs, it makes no difference to the tone of your post challenging the authenticity of the rings. It is that which I found disdainful. Saying things like 'Do any of you have one of these....' and then posting a picture of an exhibitors award shows two things. Firstly, you did a nice display of helmets. Secondly, you obviously think your knowledge is better than anyone else's on the forum. It most certainly says nothing of your ability to identify ground dug relics.

As I said previously, the condition of relics is dependent on the ground conditions and their own composition. You arguments were flawed and you should have the decency to acknowledge this.

Now please leave this thread alone and reply to comments in PM.

Steve T

Well I have been very interested in this Topic as SS Nord is my Interest ,Yep Max is hit and miss with his PMs and emails but I do find him helpFull ,and I did find Williams post 100% on the nail with what he said but lets get back onto the main topic

I spoke with Maxim last Wednesday (August 31), he was heading off on another expedition that evening and would be back after a week. With such a transient lifestyle does anyone wonder why PMs and emails are sometimes missed? I don't.

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    +1
    Bravo William!
    Your PM inbox is full Maxim, unable to reply.... please make some room and let me know

I have seen more than 1000 year old silver coins just found after at least 800 years underground and there was nothing wrong with them - just some cleaning with water. So if it is 800 proof or higher silver nothing bad happens to it if it is buried even for several hundred years or more. It is true that in most cases pre WWII silver stamps are inside of the ring but it is not a 100% rule. I have seen also some examples with stamps outside of the ring.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I have seen more than 1000 year old silver coins just found after at least 800 years underground and there was nothing wrong with them - just some cleaning with water. So if it is 800 proof or higher silver nothing bad happens to it if it is buried even for several hundred years or more...
    We are in complete agreement.

With '800' or better silver, the details are not lost, and only after cleaning -they look new(ish).

But, out of the ground after 65 years... they would be blackened with tarnish.

That is the picture I would want to see.

Hello friends,
    I"m here....
    Thanx for all anyway!
    Wait new revew from fighting place in North Karelia
    This time expedition was joint with my Swedish friend and colleague, the member of this forum. Now he prepares material for the publication here. Expedition has lasted a bit longer, than I assumed. You will see the reasons in images materials. I need to have a rest couple of days.
    Yours faithfully to community.
    Arktis ist Nicht!

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Good Evening Warrelics Forum,
    My name is Olle and I am a Swedish guy who have been a friend of Maxim since 2008. We met first time in far out russian Karelia that year as I had an idea of writing a book about Wardiggers in Lapland and other places. The idea has now developed even into a video project. I just got back home from a new expedition with the "Maxim Verband" both at the Murmansk coast and in north Karelia and I am supposed to make a small review for you guys at the forum.
    I will not only present newly found artefacts but also try to show you some of the weekday together with my friends in the forest.
    The pictures are from investigation of a fighting position of August 1941 near Kiestingi where the SS Nord fought the Red Army together with the finnish Infantry Reg 53. Our camp was situated on a lower mountain with hundreds of trenches dugged by russian soldiers and the SS troops attacked on both sides.
    I stayed with the team in this place for 5 days but some of the guys had been there since the middle of August. I will here show pictures in some replys to this thread and please Maxim, comment if there are some incorrect facts in my text.
    First let me present Maxim and then let´s go to Karelia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)  
    Last edited by Urwaldjaeger; 09-15-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast