Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 98 of 154 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 ... LastLast

Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

Article about: Next mirror for REAL gentlemans.....with condom

?

Default Re: Battlefields in North Karelia( SS-Nord Division)

I am amazed by the condition of some of the things you find in the soil! You are lucky to have the opportunity to dig for relics. Those soldiers have been waiting a long time for you, too....Peace at last for them.

a lot of people anxiously await the next series of photos from your expeditions! Keep going!

?

Im very happy to see someone manages to do this kind of work. Makes me think of all the missing soldiers, and all the familys who dont know where their relatives are buried.

Thank you.

?

Great thread.
    I'm interested in buying something from the dig, to help the dig. Is there a site?
    When is the next update?
    Being an Australian, opportunites such as being involved in a dig like this are not possible- here... Which, I suppose is a good thing:-)

Anyhow nice work.

I spoke with Maxim only yesterday, he is planning his next forest expedition for sometime in May. I'm sure if you can get yourself to Murmansk and sponsor the expedition in some way that you might be able to tag along. It's something I would like to do one day but i'm sure it will be ALOT of hard, back-breaking work with chances of nice finds being quite low. But that's what relic hunting is all about isn't it?

?

It would be awesome. However the best I could do is buy a relic to help out, I'm sure the guys need funding. I feel bad about discussing money, however I have seen the guys mention that they do sell some items. Does anyone know what the going price is for a Karelian German helmet including decals? If this is not the thread to discuss buying, please point me in the right direction.
    cheers.

Send Maxim a PM and see how you go.

?

Quote by muzrub View Post
    Great thread.
    I'm interested in buying something from the dig, to help the dig. Is there a site?
    When is the next update?
    Being an Australian, opportunites such as being involved in a dig like this are not possible- here... Which, I suppose is a good thing:-)

Anyhow nice work.
    I have a friend from Perth who has come digging on the Ostfront with me 3 times and is coming again this year , everyhting is possible if you want to do it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I wish I knew about 'digging' when I was in Europe a few years ago. However, the trip was for our Honeymoon- I doubt the wife would've traded Paris for a 3 foot deep and muddy hole.
    However, how do you become involved with a dig, what are the costs involved? Also, is it finders/keepers?

Cheers

?

Quote by muzrub View Post
    I wish I knew about 'digging' when I was in Europe a few years ago. However, the trip was for our Honeymoon- I doubt the wife would've traded Paris for a 3 foot deep and muddy hole.
    However, how do you become involved with a dig, what are the costs involved? Also, is it finders/keepers?

Cheers
    It all depends on who you know and where you go there is no definative answer !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 98 of 154 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 ... LastLast