Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section

Article about: Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section

?

Default Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section

Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section. A 6" x 6" pale green glazed ceramic tile taken from Adolf Hitler's private bathroom at the Berghof by an American, tile shows some slight crazing to the finish. Tile is German made and so stamped on the reverse. The brick is a fairly large partial brick taken from a section of the Berghof( Most seen are small bits and pieces).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section   Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section  

Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section   Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section  

Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section   Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section  

Berghof relics, bathroom tile and brick section  

MAP
    ?

Pretty cool

What's the back story?

Edit: odd...your text didn't appear originally. Now I see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Provenance other than a taped piece of paper and old medical tape ? ...and also noticed the word the English word "Germany" on the back of the tile.

To support the tile and " Germany " tag ... is there any info that these were made for export?

Nothing Personal Fbeaty
    Provenance is everything with these items that are easily untraceable.

I have the same concern as Michael...and I dont have alot of pride ..so I invite to be proven wrong as long as the truth be told.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nothing special about any stories other than these are vet bring backs. This type of tile is documented... from several sources, here is another identical tile sold at auction listed below.

TILES FROM HITLER'''S BATHROOM AT THE BERGHOF

MAP
    ?

Wow, $2.5K where Hitler did is business!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Lol MAP... yeah I know... but this is what the darn vets took home. Silly but historical...

MAP
    ?

I would lay it in front of the toilet of my kids bathroom...so when they "miss" which they always do (boys!), they could piss on Hitler

Quote by fbeaty View Post
    Lol MAP... yeah I know... but this is what the darn vets took home. Silly but historical...
    Absolutely correct, in the context of the fall of the Third Reich with Allied soldiers scouring the place for souvenirs that said "I was there", this is exactly the sort of thing that was taken home and sat on a mantlepiece for decades post war. Provenance is of course important and should be passed down by sellers to the next custodian. The tile manufacturer may well have had an export market in the 1930's. But the commonplace nature of the objects (it's not Hitler's shoe or wristwatch) to me suggests they are authentic. Not that I'd buy them though!

I know the owner of Alexander Historical auctions ...and is very reputable .
    Hes a funny guy in person and quite outspoken...but knows his stuff.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast