Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Blue Division Relics

Article about: Amongst the rarest items we encounter in the Balltefiled relic world, we have those used by the Blue Division, rare, because all the German equipment and weapons were returned when the unit

?

It seems to be some relic condition azul helmets around, how many exists in good condition? I mean not being ground dug, but coming from granddads attic etc

There should theoreticaly be azul patched uniforms and equipment around in spain
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Quote by TrondK View Post
    It seems to be some relic condition azul helmets around, how many exists in good condition? I mean not being ground dug, but coming from granddads attic etc

There should theoreticaly be azul patched uniforms and equipment around in spain
    That I can say are pre 45, only two...there are a lot of post war tampred lids ..that is original helmet +original decal post war added....you can tell by the color of the decal and the cracking due to bad appliance...

all of them with the story that the vet brought them back......

the four known variants of Blue División Id tags.....all of these were found without any remains in the Wolchow sector....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentación1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	956814

Quote by FJCM View Post
    Did Spanish troops keep their ammo pouches so long?
    ohh yes.....and even equipment form other nations has tured up in their trenches and Bunkers.....

like for example..in the baston dig....a french WWI bayo was found.....

one thing is for sure the use of their belts was quite comon....

?

But weren´t they supposed to leave all their Spanish equipment at Grafenwöhr?
    Belt buckles, cangrejos and SEU patches can be easily hidden from the German... But ammo pouches and bayonets?
    For TrondK: When the Spaniards from the División Azul returned to Spain they had to left the German items before crossing the border. I think that only some officers could bring back souvenirs like helmets or uniforms and of course, awards. So no, there are not a lot of División Azul militaria around here.

?

yes you are righ.

?

Very nice findings!

well.....guse some guys managed..........and believe me the spaniards were quite oppen about it.....

Name:	cartucheras españolas.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	959927

here is an image form a dig on a spanish positions where the french bayo was found.....

Name:	post-24089-0-76468600-1454596327.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	959928

?

Well, the Blue Division was issued with French capture material. I´ve seen a picture of a French 1937 47mm AT gun and also some Citröen trucks. So the French bayonet seems a reasonable "official issue" item. But I always feel surprised of how easily Spaniards could "overlook" German strict rules...Maybe is something in our blood