Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Blue Division Relics

Article about: Amongst the rarest items we encounter in the Balltefiled relic world, we have those used by the Blue Division, rare, because all the German equipment and weapons were returned when the unit

?

Nice lid and badge.
    Several threads here fueled my interest in the 'División Azul' and the interesting story of their commanders, their background and post WWII history.
    Very interesting to read, that the soldiers fought valiantly on the Eastern Front and were held in high regard by their Brothers in arms.
    Not that I thought otherwise, but who would have thought that soldiers from a warm and sunny climate would acclimatize them self quickly and fight in the frozen hell that was the Eastern Front like that was the most natural thing in the World.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Nice lid and badge.
    Several threads here fueled my interest in the 'División Azul' and the interesting story of their commanders, their background and post WWII history.
    Very interesting to read, that the soldiers fought valiantly on the Eastern Front and were held in high regard by their Brothers in arms.
    Not that I thought otherwise, but who would have thought that soldiers from a warm and sunny climate would acclimatize them self quickly and fight in the frozen hell that was the Eastern Front like that was the most natural thing in the World.
    I agree with you...from the sun to the freezing cold..!

Bear in mind that many of these soldiers were veterans of the Spanish Civil War and other of the war in Morocco...At the beginning, while in training and on the way to the front, the German high command were not very pleased with the reports of the Spanish soldiers.

But once they saw their fighting spirit .....all that changed....to the extent that is was the only contingent of foreign volunteers that the Third Reich created a medal for them...!!!!

Blue Division Relics

dog tag
    (now in my collection)Blue Division Relics

Blue Division Relics

- - Updated - -

Blue Division Relics

More Relics comming soon.....

Sure...keep us in suspense!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great thread,nice photos.
    Hre in Latvia since mid of 90-ies I,ve seen Blue Divizion items several times...for example:
    -silver ring with that bunch of arrows on it
    -sighned photos showing Spanish soldiers on street of Riga
    -some badges(including the one with arrows)
    -Spanish soldier Soldbuch
    -and some canteen stuff with words and names in Spanish language
    Also know that many Spanish soldiers passed through Rigas army hospital.
    Some Latvian legioners remember that there were Spanish guy,s also in Kurland pocket during 1944-1945.
    Thankyou for photos and interesting info.
    I will check around if some of my digger friends or attick sneakers have seen some Spanish releated items!!

Thanks that would be great!!!! if you see any items or have photos to share please do...!

In the mean time some better photos of this Novgorod sector helmet:

Blue Division RelicsBlue Division RelicsBlue Division RelicsBlue Division RelicsBlue Division Relics

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast