Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.

Article about: Hey guys! So I went out this week kayaking into the Boston harbor, to explore some of the islands WW2 bunkers/barracks and gun emplacements. Meant protect the city from possible U-boats/air

Last stop for today, going back to great Brewster. Exploring the mine bunker and climbing the hill.

Google earth picture is outer Brewster island.(one with the big bunker)

Map, red route going out. Green coming back.

More places and photos further in the post!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.   Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.  

Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.   Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.  

Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.   Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.  

Boston WW2, harbor islands ruins/bunkers.  
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 10-19-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Pretty cool. Guess you didn't see that "no trespassing" sign.....

I fly to Boston every Tues/Wed. Never knew these were there. but then again, never really get a chance to leave the office when I'm there.
    Of course not Michael..... I was careful, did not disturb anything.. Left no trace, as people should do. Also if you get a chance take a trip out to George's island you will like it. Ferry's run out there on a frequent schedule.
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 09-07-2015 at 02:12 AM.

?

A great place to go if Boston is attacked by a division of Nazi Zombies.
    Fun pictures to see friend.

MAP
    ?

Did the toilet still work Danny??

Sorry couldn't help myself...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A great place to go if Boston is attacked by a division of Nazi Zombies.
    Fun pictures to see friend.
    Lol, sounds like a plan! On the islands there is a abundance of wild raspberries and sumac and thorns big enough to stop the hulk lol.
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 09-07-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Did the toilet still work Danny??

Sorry couldn't help myself...
    Hahahahha, I would of! but they were out of toilet paper! it was a composting toilet. Didn't even step inside. The floor was pretty sketchy. I am guessing it's not even ten years old. There also used to be a dock at great Brewster, but it was washed away? Not sure what happen to it...They built up the island pretty well. But it's all overgrown now.
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 10-04-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Also random fact, Long Island in Boston harbor was the island where the USA gov't snuck in the Nazi scientists during operation paper clip. The Island has a decent fort, but off limits to general public unless you get permission to go. (Got permission! Going out there in the spring of 2016 with a friend!)
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 11-12-2015 at 01:39 AM.

More pictures of the other islands further on! And other WWII defenses around New England.
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 11-12-2015 at 01:41 AM.

?

Looks like a cool trip. Thanks for sharing the great pic's of these places.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

[QUOTE=AZPhil;1479152]Looks like a cool trip. Thanks for sharing the great pic's of these places.
    Semper Fi
    Phil[/QUOTE

Thanks Phil, It was a very fun trip! Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast