Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brass piece of...what ?

Article about: Here are the pictures... (brass piece of...what?; i found it not long ago...)

?

Question Brass piece of...what ?

Here are the pictures... (brass piece of...what?; i found it not long ago...)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brass piece of...what ?   Brass piece of...what ?  

Brass piece of...what ?   Brass piece of...what ?  

Where was it dug up? Looks like it might be a piece of drive band from a large shell of some kind.

B.B.

?

In a former combat area of WWII, eastern front, in a forest...

?

Bit of a driving band
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

I'm still leaning towards it being a drive band fragment, as it looks very similar to some fragments I have from British 3.7 inch anti-aircraft shells.
    EDIT: Thank you, inka! Nice to have an expert on battlefield relics confirm my suspicions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brass piece of...what ?   Brass piece of...what ?  

?

Maybe... ! ... not too far from it, i found a lot of pieces of shrapnel ...

Could this piece...be a part of a old rifle... ?!

Quote by tudoro View Post
    Maybe... ! ... not too far from it, i found a lot of pieces of shrapnel ...

Could this piece...be a part of a old rifle... ?!
    I'd trust inka's judgement on this one. I'm sure he's dug up heaps of these in his time.

B.B.

?

Ok..it was just an...opinion... SO, WWII Eastern Front : ...Soviet, German or ... shell ?

It might be too far gone to tell, but you'd be able to get a good idea of which side fired it by exactly where on the battlefield it was recovered from. If it was found in or near German positions, it's likely that it was a Soviet shell. Vice versa; a German one. There may be some on this forum who can identify the specific shell type from the grooves on the back of the drive band. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.
    Still, you can at least be sure it's a genuine WWII artifact!

B.B.

?

Thank you ! ;-) THIS is what im searching for...WWII relics (things, places, events...) !

So, in that zone was a german or romanian (most likely the last one) position, defending against soviet attack... Still not found soviet ammo BUT I found vz 24 / ZB 30 and pistol casings and...lots of shrapnel pieces .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast