Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British gas canister relic??

Article about: Hello guys. I've found this rotten relic in a mountain of Leros, Greece. I need help to identify it. I think it's a British gas canister or something similar. It has a mark "P" on

Default British gas canister relic??

Hello guys. I've found this rotten relic in a mountain of Leros, Greece. I need help to identify it. I think it's a British gas canister or something similar. It has a mark "P" on it and some holes, which i think are from bullets. Opinions please!
    Thanx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British gas canister relic??   British gas canister relic??  

British gas canister relic??   British gas canister relic??  

Not an item I recognise as being of British origin.

Sorry I cannot id it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes, it looks like a relic "Jerry Can", but the origin? Not sure - certainly not the standard German WWII pattern anyway.

Regards,

Carl

Not Brtish or German IMO. Looks like some kind of water/oil canister, but could be Greek (as thats where you picked it up) or even Italian.

Hi, its not the traditional British Jerry can, nor its German, in my opinion.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Doesn't look British, and I have seen German jerry cans which are a different design to this. I have no knowledge of this sort of Italian/Greek equipment, and unfortunately there aren't many examples online to look at. From a quick glance it doesn't appear to be Italian.

Default Probably italian..

Hey guys, i checked some photos from a friend collector here in Leros and i saw the same canister. I'll have more infos tommorow, but now i'm pretty sure that is italian. Thanx anyways!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British gas canister relic??