Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British Sector inland of Sword Beach

Article about: Hi Steve Appreciate it thank you. regards philip

Default British Sector inland of Sword Beach

Some photos of items we discovered in trenches a few miles inland of Sword Beach, last Summer.

Enjoy the photos,

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Sector inland of Sword Beach   British Sector inland of Sword Beach  

British Sector inland of Sword Beach   British Sector inland of Sword Beach  

Default Re: British Sector inland of Sword Beach

Nice finds! I like the Bren the most, keep up the good work

Wow! That Bren is in incredible condition!
    Beautiful finds! Nice work!
    Keep it up!

Oh gods, that Bren had to have been in a barn or similar... fantastic!

As for your other thread, I dream of having a German helmet (though SHE would scowl), and you find a few. Well done and keep the pics going!

Martyn.

Hi All,

Sorry, some of these photos got mixed up when I was uploading them, so as not to be misleading...

The Sten MkIII and the Bren are both dug ups from Hill 103 in 2008 the Bren took me over 12 months to restore, it is an Enfield made MkI* datd 1941, cocks and dry fires! Took a lot of heat, a hammer and a lot of soaking in diesel!

Will post mor pics of the bren later.

Thanks,

Steve

Martyn, if you "need" a German relic helmet drop me a line
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Sector inland of Sword Beach   British Sector inland of Sword Beach  

Just one more thing, I live in Normandy, I speak French and I always ask permision from Farmers and land owners over here, it's not a free for all! And not everyone gives permission, you do have to do this sort of thing with pemission.

Steve

?

Normally I do not care for dug relics but your work is well above average in restoration.
    Thanks for showing the photos.
    Steve

Jan
    ?

Very well done, real archaeology here not like some guys just tearing the relics from the ground. Great time consuming job of cleaning up the found objects too.

Rgds Jan

Great finds, Steve !

It is amazing to me what is just lying around over there !
    I'd love to find stuff like this !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast