Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bullet riddled disc - but from what?

Article about: Only 150mm ( 6" ) in diameter but peppered with six holes measuring 9mm each, this little piece of metal from a seller in Volgograd ( Stalingrad ) intrigued me......... anyone have an i

Default Bullet riddled disc - but from what?

Only 150mm ( 6" ) in diameter but peppered with six holes measuring 9mm each, this little piece of metal from a seller in Volgograd ( Stalingrad ) intrigued me......... anyone have an idea just what this disc actually is?

There are two mounting points to one side - this is typical of a Feldgendamerie traffic paddle but while there ARE patches of white paint, the red centre does not appear to be present. Maybe it is just a bridge marker or other directional sign???

Whatever, I like the little trinket!

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bullet riddled disc - but from what?   Bullet riddled disc - but from what?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The way the holes are grouped would suggest that this has been used for target practice. It is highly unlikely to be combat-related.

I would agree with Steve.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Absolutely agree chaps ( its a nice tight grouping though ) but the question was what it was from.
    And target practice is a necessary part of combat preparedness too.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Signalling stick

Looking at the disc, and not having mine to hand it does have a look about it that makes me think its the small metal disc from hand held signalling stick. There even appears to be 2 rivets to affix the handle. But thats all I can think of.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bullet riddled disc - but from what?