Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bunker to sell at La Pointe du Hoc

Article about: The seller told me : Cher(ère) , hello no! just picks up on the floor! kiss from France eric céline - lululegros1969

?

Argh, stop chipping away at these bunkers!

Dear oh dear. This is not good. Just like the eBayer who is selling bits of the Berghof, the 'Bormann' Linden tree and the Kampfhäusl from the Obersalzberg. He even tried to peddle his wares on this forum but was (almost) universally shot down in flames. These people are not historians or even citizens respectful of the sacrifices of their forefathers but money-grabbing opportunists. Just my opinion.

Martin

Just report him and tell ebay it is promoting Nazi ideology or something like that. They removed a relic German helmet I had listed because apparently it incited racial hatred, although there was not a swas in sight.

I also agree with the above opinions. Pointless vandalism.

Wow...maybe next he will take a trip to China and sell Great Wall bricks...or maybe to Egypt and sell hunks off the Sphinx or the Great Pyramid...Maybe take a swing down through South America to Peru and pick up some stones from Tiahuanaco..., hey, if we're lucky, maybe he'll do a stop over on Easter Island and bring back a nose from a Moai....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

We have the same problem here with Ayres Rock.. Uluru.
    Most send them back as they have bad luck. Spirts curse from the native Aborigines... Rock theft brings bad luck - theage.com.au

A guy i know when to a freinds party and on here shelf on the fireplace there was a red rock. he asked about it and she said it was from Uluru. She admitted since she brought it back she has had bad luck, lost her job, been really ill. My mate told her about the curse and was heading to Uluru a year later and offerd to take it back. She agreed. 1 week later he snapped his leg ( broken fema) and broken pelvis in a serious bike crash no joke. Now the rock is finally back

There is no law or policies that you cant take any pieces of a bunker at the point du hoc.
    There is no looking or digging for relics there.
    the US government took over in 1979 but the work of cleaning up the area did not start intil 1980.
    The first 6 months they took out 10 truck full of trash ,the locals were using the site a dump.
    chris

.. For a moment i thought they were selling the whole bunker! It's really despicable what some of these filthy thieves do!

40th anniversary of D-day at the point du hoc my father with president Reagan.
    Bunker to sell at La Pointe du Hoc

?

I certainly don't agree with random pick ups from those sites,especially for profit,however when I visited the bridge at Remagen, the front pay desk was charging €20 for a small piece of the bridge in a plastic wrapping, I would not buy at that ridiculous price for a piece of rock that really had no firm proof that the piece was from the bridge, but outside where the roadway was, there was tons of broken pieces all piled up, to be honest I did pick up a decent piece and brought it home, but it will never be sold

Quote by davejb View Post
    I certainly don't agree with random pick ups from those sites,especially for profit,however when I visited the bridge at Remagen, the front pay desk was charging €20 for a small piece of the bridge in a plastic wrapping, I would not buy at that ridiculous price for a piece of rock that really had no firm proof that the piece was from the bridge, but outside where the roadway was, there was tons of broken pieces all piled up, to be honest I did pick up a decent piece and brought it home, but it will never be sold
    Just like the berlin wall.
    chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast