Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bunkers on the beach

Article about: Hi all thought i would post a few picks of the ww2 bunkers on hartlepool beach. i was down there with the kids yesterday. They are slowly slipping into the sea i think in two or three years

Default bunkers on the beach

Hi all thought i would post a few picks of the ww2 bunkers on hartlepool beach.
    i was down there with the kids yesterday. They are slowly slipping into the sea i think in two or three years you will be able to swim round them at high tide.
    some are already there these were on the dunes when i was a lad as they say.
    the sand has recently spat out the group of barbed wire spikes thes were not visible a couple of months ago.the last pick is through a 4.5 in gun on the headland.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bunkers on the beach   bunkers on the beach  

bunkers on the beach   bunkers on the beach  

Default Re: bunkers on the beach

Nice pics Thanks for sharing.

Interesting that we had bunkers on beaches so far north.

Steve T

Default Re: bunkers on the beach

Hi Steve
    as far as i know the home gaurd also used the area as a training ground. infact every now and then the od box of mills gets found and we have to call in the bomb disposal, last year a 3in morter was found on seaton beach it was only a drill one though. still lots around if you know where to look.
    aparently seaton beach was used as a air strip in the 20s but i have found no real details on this yet.