Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can I post images here of items found on USAAF Air Base for help with Identification???

Article about: Hi Guys I would just like to know if as a new member I can post images here so as to hopefully get help identifying them. They are all from USAAF Air bases and have been found while walking

Default Can I post images here of items found on USAAF Air Base for help with Identification???

Hi Guys

I would just like to know if as a new member I can post images here so as to hopefully get help identifying them. They are all from USAAF Air bases and have been found while walking about. I also have a few items already identified that other members might be interested in seeing.

Look forward to hearing from members.

Regards
    Neil

MAP
    ?

Yes you can Neil.

Here is a step by step guide

Forgot to post the guide....doh!

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Last edited by MAP; 02-18-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Neil,

Post away.. Looking forward to seeing what items you have found

Smitty

Ok here goes - first item is from the base only with B17 and obviously all motor vehicles but cannot for the life of me find any info on this - it is really heavy - has in / out nozzles and looks like some kind of filter - the cartridge for size reference is a 50 Cal

Item 1

Can I post images here of items found on USAAF Air Base for help with Identification???

I am in the process of photographing the items and putting them all together in one image to show the different sides etc so here are a few to start

Item 2

Item 3

Item 4

Item5 - Very solidly made - looks like it could be off a parachute or something similar - The other ring is hard to see in the pictures but is sort of D-Shaped.

Item6 - Very heavy for its size - Hollow right through from top to bottom and also has two holes right through on the sides - one hole has a large cut out section around where it looks like a pipe could have attached. Other than that I am absolutely stumped.

Item 7 - Looks like an electrical connection of some kind - has 2 different codes on it above the hole is V-06-S and on the big round part it has S over 2 so maybe this will help

Item 8

Item 9

This item is really rusty but will try clean it up

Item 10

Item 11 - Some sort of Window or the likes seal - must be off B-17

Item 12 - Extension assembly 3-8 square drive Tool from B-17 Manual maybe otherwise some kind of large Alan Key Tool????

Item 13 - Might not be anything at all but when I first saw it in the dirt face up I straight away said oh 50 Cal head and picked it up. Then to my amazement it felt like 50 Cal head that had been cut in half. Placed it in my bag and thought nothing more of it till I got home and dipped it in water. Straight away saw it was stone and immediately thought "oh my" ancient arrow head or something. Looked at it with a magnifying glass but absolutely no tooling marks on it so that theory went straight out the window. So then back to just stone amazingly shaped beautifully like a bullet head - but then looking closely with the magnifying glass the V underneath is perfectly tooled out and this was found amongst other WW2 finds so what could it be???

I love finding old bottles and here are a few I found in the last few days

Waterman's Ink Bottle

Boots Chemist Bottle

Kreml Hair Care Bottle - Fly Boys really looked after their hair it seems

And a few other finds

50 Cal Round

Necklace Microphone

Bomb Transport Bracket

Web Belt Buckle

Flare Base

Very Fragile Shaving Cream Tube which is falling apart so I won't try to unroll it

FORK WITH RAF LOGO DATED 1941

Bomb Dump Spanner

Will post more as I have them ready

Look forward to all your comments - I have numbered the unknown items so if anyone knows what they are it's easier to tell me which one you are identifying - only been doing this for a few weeks so I will hopefully find a lot more interesting stuff.

Regards
    Neil
    Last edited by Safariman; 02-19-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Not my field but thank you for taking the time to present them so well

Neil,

I can't contribute as to what the items are but you have found some interesting items. I'm sure someone will be able to identify some of the items for you..

Smitty

Thanks Smitty

Guessing here, but the first item look like some sort of oil plate cooler.

Thanks Anderson will look into that option see if I find anything

Thumbs up

Many thanks for posting your pics - some fascinating items there ( I especially like the bomb-carrying bracket ). Rather than make some guesses as to what the others may be, I'll wait for some experts to happen along......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast